Diary storyline

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

As things pass from infancy to maturity I would like to be able to start at the beginning and view the progress from start to finish. To do that it would require starting with the first entry on (as an example) January 1st. Then as time passes, the next entry date might be January 30th, then Feb 20th and so on to the "last" entry. However, January 1st should be at the top of the Diary thread and all other entries following sequentially till the end.
Is this a possibility ?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm confused...when I look at your diary or anyone else's, the entries do show up in chronological order just like you're asking.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

ec3, you are right as far as chronology goes. My question, although I admit it may be somewhat convoluted, was to be able to open a subject, "Backyard Renewal" for example, and see the first entry first. Presently the first entry there is May 30, '06 followed by May 29 etc all the way to the last entry which is Sept. 29, '05. I was wondering if it was possible to see Sept 29th as the first entry, since thats where it all starts, and then as I scroll down the scene unfolds day by day and entry by entry until at last the story is told and in the distance is heard the exultant cry---- " IT'S ALIVE ! " But then I more often than not see things in a different, somewhat abstract light. It is a question of possibility. Thank you for reminding me that what is in my mind is not in the mind of the rest of the world, I often forget.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

That's weird, when I go to your diary and look at Backyard Renewal I see the entries starting on Sept 29 and working their way forward chronologically just like you want (I actually checked both the order of entries themselves and the order within an entry when I answered before because I wasn't sure which one you meant). I wonder why the order shows up different for you?

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Wish I knew. Could my computer be upside down ? lol

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Or maybe it's supposed to be that way when you're in there editing it so that you can always see the thing you added most recently, but to outside observers it shows up in the right order? I don't know that one, haven't really used my diary yet. I do remember Dave made a change to the order in which diary entries showed up due to popular demand a while back, so it's possible he changed it for the order in which others viewing your diary see it but didn't change it in your editing view.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

The possibility of adding an option to choose either way had been mentioned, but I guess most people like it this way.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images