dwarf dark leaved - hot pink blooms ?

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I received the canna in this background photo as Red Wine. It never gets over about 2 -3 feet tall. Does anyone have any more info on the plant pictured ?

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

another pic about 32"

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

leaf - sorry you'll have to tilt your head to see :)

This message was edited Jun 25, 2006 8:18 AM

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Better !

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Broaddus, TX(Zone 8b)

ZONE 8B, HEAT ZONE 9, DEEP SOUTHEAST, TX

Charlatteda, Thank you for wonderful pics!

My canna has dark leaves (dark burgendy) but it's blooms are bright red.

Your hot pink blooms must be a hybrid. I would love to have a hot pink bloom.

I have canary yellow, orange, a blend of orange and yellow, and dark red. Recently purchased canna that has light pink blooms with deep green leaves. My cannas were taken from the yard of my Grandmother's log cabin built in 1911. My cannas must be the very old ones. All my cannas get 5/6 ' tall.

Where did you find your hot pink canna?

I favor cannas!

Keep those hands dirty!

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Here is c. 'Red Wine' to compare:
http://www.karcheskycanna.com/redwine.htm

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

hmmm... I got this canna from Lowes 2 years ago so it should be a more available variety..

my camera doesnt do upclose red photos well but you can look at the first photo and see that the canna blooms are hot pink compared to the Hibiscus blooms (true red) to the left in the photo.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Mine also bloom dark hot pink....they were listed as "rasberry blooms with dark leaves" when I bought them, which is exactly what I was looking for. Your leaves are darker than mine, but mine are in pots and really in need of a shot of fertilizer. They have not been taller (so far) than 2 feet or so.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.