Best Web Site to ID Cannas?

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

Can you refer me to a web site where I might find this Canna? Nobody seems to be able to ID it.

Thumbnail by skaz421
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

D-mail bwilliams and ask him. He might be able to help you.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

If a canna is a known hybrid or species, I can usually identify what it is.
My website I share with my partner is http://www.karcheskycanna.com You should be able to find some ID help there.

To ask help in ID ..
Please post a clear photo of the whole canna at it's best growing time ..so the flower, form leaves, etc. can all be seen. And a true and close photo of it's bloom in it's best growing and at it's truest colour.
~Alice

Alice,

Thanks for your offer to help.

I've looked through all of the pictures on your web site, and can't find this one.

Any ideas?

Steve

Alice,

Sorry, I sent it before I attached the pic.

Steve

Thumbnail by skaz421

Alice,

From the pictures and descriptions on your web site, this one appears to be Wintzer's Colossal, but the flowers don't seem quite fully developed.

Would you concur?

Steve

Thumbnail by skaz421
Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Steve,
Would you get a pix of the full plant and a close up of the bloom when it is not heat affected?
I always have to see the full model to take a guess.
I will try to ID for you.
Alice

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Waves Hi Alice Paul

Louisville, KY

Here is a pic of Canna Momma-Wanda this dwarf with bright pinkish orange flowers and a bright yellow center was a big hit here. Flowers constantly and sheds off any old flowers. Named after my mother this was in her yard today.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I can see why it was a big hit. It is beautiful!

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

bwilliams ~ love the canna and what a catchy name! Thanks for sharing the pic with us. Gorgeous!
Belinda :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.