Yet another Identification needed Help Please!

Kingston, MA

This is growing on the outside morning sun edge of a pine grove and seems to think it is something special lol. Just by the way it is growing it appears to be something worth waiting for. This is in an area that has not been cultivated or used much in many years. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You !

Dj

Thumbnail by djsgarden101
Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

Looks like some type of lily

novi, MI(Zone 6a)

The leaves and top cluster remind me of my Imperial Lilies or my checkered lilies but i believe its much too late for them to bloom. And the top bit doesnt quite look the same.
Anyway, when it blooms, let us know what it is!
Ness;-)

Kingston, MA

Thanks chicory and Ness ......................I will be sure to keep an eye on it and take a picture if I am so lucky as to get blooms!! Still hoping to find it's proper name. I am inclined to believe it must be a native or indigenous type of plant.

dj

Kingston, MA

No flowers yet but I posted this on the indigenous and have gotten a response that it is some type of orchid................how lovely to say the least! I will be sure to post a pick when it blooms!

djs

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Oh God!! Now you really are finding orchids growing in your backyard!!

Honey, put the For Sale sign out. We're moving to Kingston.

Kingston, MA

LOL Dave I am so happy and thanks! I am very pleased! Now tho I must do my best to protect this area. That is my next project! Hmm if I learn how to propagate them that would be cool too !

djs

Beachwood, OH

dj - has it bloomed yet?
I think that has nodding yellow flowers that come off the end of the stem. I occasionally see that plant out in our woods. If you ID it I'd love it if you would post. I was at a 4th of July picnic and the host had one that volunteered in a bed of pachysandra. Another hort enthusiast mentioned he thought it was in the orchid family so there's 2 of you saying so.

Kingston, MA

No blooms yet but I think it is close. Yes it is an orchid..............just which one is what we need to see the blooms for. I did see a tiny peek of yellow on one. I will definitely post pics when it does bloom.

dj

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.