Wonder where the yellow went?

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

There was a very heavy fog when I got up this morning. This little goldfinch was sitting in the middle of some yellow violas picking up niger seed that dropped from a feeder. Could barely see him. I think he's about the only thing that could be a brighter yellow than those violas. gram

Thumbnail by grampapa
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Took me a few minutes but I think I finally found him on there. Could see the yellow flowers and the rocks but that was it. I hope that was him and not a flower I saw! LOL

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Fog .. has it's own unique way of clouding our vision, doesn't it ... (hee)

And can sure play havoc for the auto-focus on our cameras too! But I can spot your goldfinch there in the rocks. If it weren't for the black - he'd've been camo'd, for sure.

I'm always amazed at how the fog can move in and out in merely a moment.
And am more in awe .. as to how the birds can navigate the stuff with seemingly no difficulty, at all ... Welllllll, I have seen the goldfinches and the nuthatches fail to get their landing gear down quick enuff, when they lite on the alligator log out front when it's fairly foggy. I swear to goodness .. that the goofy lil goldfinches forget that they can fly .. when that happens. (lol)

- Magpye

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.