check out my garden diary under up and growing

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

to see the results so far of a few of my experiments. you might find it interesting.

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Yes, that is cool Herbie43. I will have to try that with my basil using less soil. I have always filled mine to the top too. Would love to see some pictures of the peppers sharing a home in the 5 gal. Great idea on space saving.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

great diary herbie. i have checked out your pics on the tomato forum and all your plants look very healthy, especially those n.j. tomatoes. Also, I have never heard of a white eggplant before, please let us know what those look like and how they taste.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

lafko06 - you can see a picture of them in the pepopr forum under "latest pictures of my hot peppers" i messed up the first picture but the second one is ok. they are in the pot closest to the railing. the middle mones are two fish peppers and the last is one cherry pepper.

i have grown them before. i think they haved a milder taste than the black ones. i have extra seeds if you want some. just d-mail me.

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Wow, they look beautiful Herbie! Thank you for your very generous offer on the seeds. My first time growing peppers (anything really lol) by seed was this year and I am trying the fish peppers too. Do you think using the containers helps cut down on the bugs? I've had to spray for some tiny little bugs you could barely see on mine but the plants seem okay now.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this is the first time i have grown all my veggies in containers on my deck, away from the regular garden. i have noticed that my eggplants were not attacked as they usually were when they were in the ground. i have had no pest problem at all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.