Hibicus plants ordered online through HoneyCreek/Burgess

Phoenix, AZ

This is what HoneyCreek sent me when I ordered 3 hibicus plants!

Scam or major scam!

Thumbnail by chicago90
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Bareroot I take it. Does the white part look as tho there is any life there at all? I'm thinking they should be way past dormancy by this time of the year.

Did you use a credit card to pay for them? If so, is there any way you can get it removed from your account and send them back? Then let them know you are unhappy, are giving them a bad rating on a nursery rating site online, and call BBB.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We have had problems with Burgess too. We orderd a bush to go on our property line and just got sticks with dried out roots. We planted them anyways just in case but they never did anything. They replaced them for us several times but they still never did nothing. We never ordered from them again.

Council Bluffs, IA(Zone 4b)

This is also what I got from Burgess last fall. I soaked the "sticks" and planted them in individual pots. Happy to say that I planted them in the ground this spring and they are doing great - already about 12" high!

Phoenix, AZ

Here's a typical email response from Honeycreek" "customer care" staff - Is there any customer care in this email?

Thank you, however, as we have previously stated, we are not showing that we have received any correspondence from you at this time. If the information was sent to us on 5/20, we should have received this by now. You may want to contact your Post Office to see if they may be able to trace the package. We are sorry but until we have received your Original shipping label and letter, we are unable to make any type of adjustments.
Thank you,
Customer Care
----- Original Message -----
To: customercare@honeycreeknurseries.com
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 11:48 AM
Subject: RE: Replacement order has not been shipped

This is the 14th time, I have documented this - please stop asking the same questions!!!!!!! I have also called every day for the past 2 weeks, with no help from your company.

1) The original label was mailed approximately May 20 2006.
2) In a letter, I asked for full replacement.
3) I have received no correspondence through mail.

4) Please ship me ASAP a replacement order - you have my credit card # and order on file

- 3 hibicus plants and 2 adams needles.

What more can I possibly say?

Larry

Phoenix, AZ

More bad news from Honeycreek Nursery - first they send me a fall catalog from their sister company (Burgess) advertising the same items for 50% less.

The second is a check for a fraction of the original order from a Susan Phelps - no telephone, noting the check is another example of Honeycreek fine customer service.

Take a look at the Garden Watchdog forum under Honeycreek - scary!

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Larry how did this turn out. I am guessing but I bet you didn't win. Or if you did it was a little to late. I know I will never order from them. I haven't and I never will.

Phoenix, AZ

I received a replacement order, however, the problem is the hibicus plants are total garbage. Major scam! I can buy a 1 gallon hibicus here for $2.99 when on sale and I get an existing plant with flowers. I paid $1.50 each for a stick with a minor hair as a root.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

I made myself a mental note not to buy from them ever. I have gotten some off EBay and never once got scammed. I know of one I got that I couldn't beleive I think the seller went out and dug up the plant and sent it to me. I know a bunch of us got ripped off on a co-op that was held here on DG. But that was another time, and another story.

If you are wanting some really nice hibiscus go to the hibiscus forum ask for some cuttings, they are pretty easy to root. Or ask for some seeds. I bet you will end up with more then you want.

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.