Warning - Burgess/HoneyCreek/Farmers mail order nursery

Phoenix, AZ

Be very careful doing business with this unethical, unprofessional company!

This past March I ordered a simple order of 3 hibicus and 2 adams needle from Honey Creek Nurseries - mail order from Bloomington, IL. I had no idea this company had a horrible track record of complaints and that its sister companies all do the same thing.

My order was extremely disappointing. The hibicus were not even plants - they were 3 twigs with no roots. The bulbs were soft and on the verge of rotting.

I sent the original shipping paperwork back as instructed for a replacement. It seems Honey lost the paperwork and now they won't send me my product even though they have my credit card info and order on file.

I have sent at least a dozen emails - with an unresponsive same answer and calling on the phone (no toll free#) is a bigger joke. This is a major scam. I have now contacted both the attorney general's office in Illinois and the BBB of Central Illinois for assistance. If anyone has any recommendations or advice, they would be greatly appreciated!

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

Buying on line is a risky bussiness. I do not like to buy anything I do not see with one exception and that is Naylor Creek where I buy a few of my hosta plants. And that took a lot of convincing to get me to do it. Since you are in the chicago area you are bound to have many many nurseries in the area. Some of these on line places are higher than you can buy local if you check ,plus some jack up the shipping charges. DG must really look like a money tree to some of these people pushing stuff on line. Many people coming into DG are advertising and promoting these places and do not realize that is what they are doing. It would seem since the place is in Illinois that your state consumer affairs office should be able to step in. But if they been jerking you around since March I would not give much for your chances of recoving anything. Its good you report it here though and maybe run a add in the chicago paper.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

chicago90- I noticed you said you paid with a credit card. Could you just call up the credit card company and dispute the charge? I realize it was in March, but isn't this supposed to be one of the merits of using a credit card? I'm not certain exactly what they'll do, but I'd at least give it a try.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.