default date is 2000????

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I am still hoping to find out how to change default date when making entries from plant files to today's date, not jan 2000? Thanks, Patti

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Hmmmm, that's a good question. Dave, can you make the "edit entry" function default to match the day the entry is created?

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Terry, I would so love that. I have been so pleased with what I can do in my journal that this would just be a little bonus. Patti

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I'd love it, too!

This is finished - all new entries created via PlantFiles will have today's date instead of Jan 2000.

dave

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Dave, your my hero! Patti

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Loving it!!! Thanks.

Now would you consider one more journal change? I've asked this before, but I think it keeps getting buried. I've helped several people with their journals, and they find it confusing that when they are in the manage categories area, at the top it says

Quoting:
When you are done, click here to return to your main journal page to continue.

and at the bottom it says
Quoting:
You can click on any category below to drill down and perform actions against that category. Alternatively, skip to the bottom to add a new toplevel category.

Can those two be flopped around so they make more sense?

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Oh, two more wishes. 1. When I go to change a status in my journal, the drop down box lists the choices for the status change in the order II created them, not in alphabetical sequence. It is in alphabetical sequence on the main page, but not when I go to make changes. 2. The rid column now has every item checked in the box, so in order to make a batch change, I have to unmarked all the ones I don't want to change to change the ones I wish to change. My brain doesn't work that way. And if I am looking at a long list it is cumbersome to unchecked most of the big list for a dozen or so items. Again, small wishes that may be impossible.
Patti

bbrookrd, both of those issues are now resolved.

JoanJ: I've handled your report, also.

dave

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks Dave! It makes more sense now. :)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

THANKS (i know using all caps is considered shouting, but I want to shout, HOORAY!!!) Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images