hardiest & best increasers, rebloomers,most floriferous,

Tucson, AZ

I am taking a poll as to which are the hardiest & best increasers, rebloomers & most floriferous irises. Sometimes I see a trend even through different parts of the country. It would be good to know when overwhelmed by the amount of irises for sale on the market today.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

What type(s) and/or class(es) of iris(es) are you inquiring about?

Tucson, AZ

I am talking about tall bearded and ib's. Sorry!

Newfoundland, NJ

The toughest (hardiest, best increaser) bearded iris in existence is INDIAN CHIEF, followed by QUAKER LADY, I Pallida, LENT A WILLIAMSON, and MME HENRI CAYEUX in that order.
Laetitia

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I have not been "blown away" by the rebloomers... maybe I'm just weird :)

My best performers have been Gypsy Romance, Saturday Night Live, Golden Immortal (re).

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Charlotte, I hope you'll be blown away next year by the Rock Star I just traded you. It does rebloom nicely. It's so vigorous also. :-)

Sandy

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

In Arizona, think you would be able to grow tons of aril-bred iris in your dry heat. Up here in zone 2b we do best with the medians. With TLC the TBs are OK but we usually lose some every year.
inanda

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

My favorite rebloomers are Harvest of Memories, Lenora Perle (IB) both of which rebloom in the fall. Square Dance Skirt which blooms very early in the spring and then a couple of months later. Huge increase. I haven't seen it through a fall though. Cantina is gorgeous and reblooms in the fall.
If you like orange then Cordoba is an incredible increaser. I've also found that Dusky Challenger (dark purple) is one of my most productive iris. It blooms late in the season, huge flowers, increases well and has a great fragrance.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.