Anyone have any idea what this little guy is?

Simi Valley, CA(Zone 10a)

I found him on one of our new river birches. Lots of pretty colors. He's about 5mm long or so.

Thumbnail by TheRedlines
Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

I don't have a clue....but how COOL is he??!! Fuzzy little thing too!

I think I figured it out. I believe he is an immature Katydid: http://whatsthatbug.com/katy.html

Great photograph!

Thanks, it only took 37 clicks till I made sure I got the one I wanted...lol
Thank God for digital!

Now I'm really impressed. I usually end pointing and clicking on automatic and hoping for the best. I get about 1 or 2 out of a hundred.

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Holy cow, that is an amazing photograph. I don't care how many clicks it took to get it...I'm jealous!

HAHA! Thanks guys!

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

That is really a supercool shot! He looks like a little alien horse. Hmmm... a novel could come out of this...

Dewitt, MI(Zone 5b)

Great photograph and great work identifying the critter!

Yea, give it up. What kind of camera do you use?

It's a Canon Powershot S2 IS
We usually buy Sony cameras and tend to go through them at the rate of about 1 per year. We do alot of Jeeping and the dust tends to tear them up quick. We've always been happy with the Sonys but decided we'd try something different. Let me just say, This thing is by far superior to all of the others we've had. This shot was taken in the Macro setting without any extra lenses or apparatus. I'm seriously impressed everytime I click!
-Duke

found him again. he's a little more grown up and has changed to a more green color.

Thumbnail by TheRedlines

and a little more zoomed in

Thumbnail by TheRedlines

Now you're bragging! Just kidding.....when we win the lottery, I'm gonna get me one of those camera's. Oh wait. You have to actually play the lottery to win, don't you??? Darn it all......

I have to admit, I didn't know what 5mm was when you first posted. :o)) Now I see how small he actually is! He's still cute!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Really amazing. I want that camera, too. terryr, what if we get that camera somehow, and we still take bad pictures? Imagine the embarrassment.

Really nice detail. If you look really closely, you can just make out a "Mom" tattoo on his left rear ankle.

LOL!! Oh! That would be embarrassing! But I will say, I've posted a few of my bad pics on here and so I'm getting kind of used to it :o)

Wow Mudhouse! You've got a great eye!!!

Thumbnail by TheRedlines
Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

LOL, banging on keyboard!!!! OK, Duke, I give up, apparently there is NOTHING beyond your abilities. First you take all these photographs that would make National Geographic proud, and then THEN you grab the hind leg of a microscopic bug and tattoo it!

I grovel at your very feet!!! WELL DONE.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Very funny Duke! Ya trying to give your mom a message? LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.