Who am I?

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

I was the free exotic received from McMurray--not quite sure what gender I am yet, but someone seems to think I'm a rooster.

I have a really grouchy tempermate, and like to pick on my coop mates... I'm not too friendly to humans... in fact, I really don't like them much at all.

Does anyone have a clue what kind of chicken I am I'm a pretty bird, just not real friendly.

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Melissa, is your chick a bantam or a standard?
It looks like it has little puffs on the sides of its head, if it does I think you have an Araucana. Although Ive not seen a pure white one I hear that there are some! Are its legs green?

Summerville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have two white Araucanas, and they both like people. They are smaller in age to the one shown, but their "ear feathers" are more pronounced.

It's standard, he's always been bigger than all the other chicks his age. I have an aurcana rooster, and he isn't puffy at the ears like this one...

No, his legs are regular, not green.

Here is my aurcana roo

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
Smithville, Canada

Did you get a list of what sorts of exotics could be in your group? If so, what kinds could there be?

Nope, it's just one of the ones they offer. They don't give you any clue at all as to what it might be. :-(

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

It looks like an americana to me with those ear muffs

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Which ever, its a really pretty bird! I have Two solid white Bantams that came in my assortment from McMurray, and I still dont know what they are! They have no puffs or feathers on their legs. They look like miniature White Legghorns!

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Its an Easter Egg Layer indicated by its willow shanks and yellow beak.
Almost all hatcheries sell Easter Egg Layers...not APA Ameraucanas or Araucanas. It look like a pullet to me.
For more info on the differences between these 3 mentioned varieties you might want to read this article...
http://groups.msn.com/ABCShareingPlace/ameraucanamythsandfacts.msnw

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

I'm hearing someone 'new' attempting to crow in my chicken yard, never have caught it in action. I don't know if I have a rooster, or a smart hen with a 'headache', attempting to slip away from Romeo the Roo, whew!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.