Where do you shop?

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm in Lawrenceville, just up 85 from Atlanta, and am interested in locations where everyone shops. I have a Pikes and Home Depot/Lowes not far from me, but even my Pikes is very limited. I'm especially interested in Mom&Pop operations, because I think they are the best ones.... I used to buy all my plants from a 70-something lady with two greenhouses in her backyard, but she's practically in Tennessee up 57, so I don't make the trip anymore. Anyone have resources they'd like to share?

Jessie

Cordele, GA

Well, there's WalMart in Cordele and there's Home Depot in Cordele and of the two I would rather shop at WalMart. Our local Ace hardware has a lease department nursery that is an off shoot of a landscaping operation. On occasion they have some neat plants. I do a fair amount of online catalog shopping. Brent and Becky's and Iris City are two of my favorites.

When ever I go back to Birmingham to see my mother I stop at Plant Odyssey. I love Libby's selections and prowling her lot is a bit like a mini safari.

Beth

Lilburn, GA

I go to a lovely herb nursery in Dahlonega or to Jackson.

There's the plant outlet it Loganville. We make the trip at least once a year..they prices are amazing. Randy's is also in Lawrenceville. Not el cheapola but you can't beat the selection, or the fact that they have their own butterfly house!!

GGG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.