Importance of LIGNIN-FREE paper....

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

To save you the trouble I've gone through....

If you purchase your scrapbooking supplies through a major company like Creative Memories you'll be fine and won't have this problem.

If you are like me and shop around for the best price and variety of products you may run into this problem.

I bought a $50 scrapbook from Hobby Lobby (100 pages). It was acid-free. I did not know to look for LIGNIN-FREE on the label as well...and it wasn't either. After completing almost the entire album in a sunlit room I realized that the white cardstock pages were subject to yellowing in the light. The album looks great and a lot of work went into it so I won't be redoing it. But should I buy this book again I will swap out pages of 12x12 white cardstock with something acid AND LIGNIN free.

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!