corkscrew willow?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I received some cutting from my mother and father of some corkscrew willow (don't know the sci. name) and they are growing roots after 1 week. So, I thought of maybe taking 1 out of the 4 and trying my hand at Bonsai.

Anyone ever seen one like this. I plan on buying a book I saw at Barnees and Noble about Bonsai after I plant the rooted cutting into soil & pot. Any suggestions? Any pics of a corkscrew willow Bonsai? Any advise?

Never done Bonsai before, Interseted but never tried it, this would be a first for me, nervous, excited............
calvin

Ferndale, WA(Zone 8b)

No experience yet, but one of the best Bonsai books I've found so far is Sunset's Bonsai book. Much better than Ortho's. I Think.
Love, Freebird

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

I recommend the book "BONSAI" the art of growing and keeping miniture trees by Peter Chan. I purchased it over 15 years ago and it is the only book on Bonsai that I have. The ISBN number is 0-89009-946-4 not sure if it is still in print but you might try Amazon.com to start. As far as using corkscrew willows - they grow very fast - I've had one in a large pot for about 2 years trying to build up the trunk and train the root system for later transplant to a smaller container.

Thumbnail by Hardwood
Bandung, Indonesia

Do you have any comments about this bonsai - one of my collection ([HYPERLINK@www.bonsaistar.com]) ?

Species : Podokarpus

Style : Brom

Height : 55 cm

Thumbnail by limadijaya

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.