Does anyone else weed public areas?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Now that I have admitted that I liberate plants from construction sites - I have to admit that I can't stand looking at a weed - no matter where it is. I spent an afternoon weeding a planted around the sign to a public park near my house. Waiting for a bus in front of the Goodwill - I weeded their planter. When I rode the train from Fairfield to Norwalk every day - I weeded the station. I took pruning shears to work with me and pruned the eye-level branches off a tree on the platform at the station one night . . . people were going to get hurt and the city wasn't doing it! Am I the only one? Will some one bail me out if I get arrested?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm not bailing you out - you're a loose cannon(gardener).

Other cities near me have adopt a gardens in parks- mine doesn't though and I would like one.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yankeecat, I deadhead puplic places and other people's yards. Embarrassed the heck out of my daughter when I deadheaded a flower stalk at the Roger Williams Zoo. Turns out it was artificial and the whole thing came out of the ground. My family will never forget that!

I hate weeding so I don't weed my own enough, let alone others, but I will gladly bail you out. You have to promise to get me released from the zoo.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

if you run out of public weeds, you can stop by my place any time. I have plenty and I'm willing to share :-). Maybe we should start a bail fund.

novi, MI(Zone 6a)

i've, ehhhemm, deadheaded at the zoo as well....and umm, rescued some ripe seeds that were going to waste, unappreciated and all that. do you think i could get in trouble for purloining a few seeds?

ness;-0 (looking down, kicking at the dirt with a toe)

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Nessie, I took seeds from Disney World! (Epcot, I think). The @#$% Mouse has been chasing me ever since!

novi, MI(Zone 6a)

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.