Diary

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

What's the difference between a journal and a diary at Dave's Garden? Can I keep a journal private and the diary open for viewing? One more question - can I keep some journels private but allow one to be public?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Good questions!

Quoting:
What's the difference between a journal and a diary at Dave's Garden?

A diary is typically used as a "blog" - a place to record thoughts, impressions, notes, etc. about your garden as a whole. You can create multiple diaries - by year, by area, project, etc.

A journal is usually used as a tool to document and chart each plant's progress, whether you're growing from seed or bulb, from cuttings or divisions, etc. Each plant gets its own entry. In fact, once you set up your journal and categories, you can quickly populate it by finding your plants in PlantFiles, then scrolling down to the "Add this plant to my journal" link.

Quoting:
Can I keep a journal private and the diary open for viewing?

Both diaries and journals can be made public or private. You can have some entries in your diary that are private, while others are public.

Quoting:
One more question - can I keep some journels private but allow one to be public?

Yes. Within your journal area, you can have multiple journals, some of which are public and others are private. And you can change the public/private status at any time.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay, I figured out to keep a journel(s) private, but can't locate the privacy controls for my diary.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I think with the diaries it might be privacy on an entry by entry basis, and if you have at least one entry that's not private then you'll show up in the list of diaries that others can look at (but even if you have some entries that people can see, you can still keep other entries private). When you're in the section to add an entry, there's a checkbox for whether you want it to be private or not. So if you want everything you put in to be private, just check that box each time you make an entry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images