Oxalis part 2

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Seeing as the tread was getting so long, I thought I'd start a part 2. Here is my Oxalis adenophylla this morning.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

The foliage of Oxalis 'Ute' (still no buds yet)

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Comparison to one of my non-flowering 'Ione Hocker'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Oxalis ennaephylla 'Minutifolia'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

and Oxalis squamata this morning.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Horsens, Denmark

Nice alpines! A very pretty one that Squamata.... always end up killing this one, have no idea why.

Bought this one as Alpina but have not been able to find reference of it.

Thumbnail by zest
Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Oxalis squamata in the wild (Andes Mountains, some 3000 m.a.s.l.)

Thumbnail by Ursula
Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Oxalis squamata - a different shade of pink (plus my own shade LOL)

Thumbnail by Ursula
Horsens, Denmark

They are beautiful!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

I always though squamata was a South African....live and learn!

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Todd, I had collected a few seeds of the darker one for you (I knew you had the paler one, but I slid just a little bit and when I looked into the baggie, it was full of soil. I thought I had brought it home to see if I could separate the seeds here, but I cannot find them anywhere. You will probably have to wait six more months to get some - sorry.

Ursula

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

I'm a patient gardener! Those deep pink ones are delightful.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Todd, I'm not quite sure, but I think there is another location where they have an even deeper tone.

Next season I will pay more attention on Oxalis. We should have a few species in the area.

You are not only a patient gardener, but a great gardener as well!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Here is Oxalis 'Beatrice Anderson' in bloom. Similar to 'Ione Hocker' but a bit paler with smaller flowers

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

I'm new on the site, and I wonder if someone can help me identify an oxalis I got as a gift from a nursery in the south of France
There was no plant label. I have it for more than 4 years now. Despite my fear of it not being winter hard, it proved to be very strong and even got through the last severe winter (in Belgium), without any damage. It blooms from the very early spring until very late in the year.

Thumbnail by bonitin
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Looks like O. crassipes. Yours is a particularly nice colour as crassipes is normally deep pink.

Horsens, Denmark

Hi Bonitin.
Todd is right it is a crassipens "alba" a very nice one.
Had some crassipens “rosea” bulbs out all winter, and they did fine, will probably bloom in a few of weeks.

The oxalis fontana form, blooming for the first time today. Love the contrast of the leaves and the flowers.

Thumbnail by zest
Blenheim, New Zealand

Just found this thread this wet morning. stunning just stunning

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This oxalis in my container was a copper color with yellow blooms and now has turned green..don't know which one it is but it was pretty BEFORE.

Thumbnail by levilyla
Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Tod and Zest, thank you so much for finding me the right name for it.
The deep pink variety was growing in the wild along the riverbanks in the same region of the nursery that gave it to me.
It doesn't seem to make any seeds, is that normal ?

Horsens, Denmark

Hi Bonitin.
Once I was told that many oxalis, if grown under the right conditions, are capable of seeding.
Had almost experianced it with some of the alpines, but they feel of before time, no idea why.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

My Oxalis 'Ute' is flowering...very large flowers for the size of the plant

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Horsens, Denmark

Hi oxalis lovers.
The oxalis site I was making is finished! Well at least the summer growing oxalis, the winter growers well be added later.
Remember to visit the guest book ;o))
Monica

http://www.simplesite.com/oxalis/

This message was edited Aug 10, 2006 9:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.