Double Purple Datura

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Rylaff brought me this gorgeous Double Purple Daytura a couple of weeks ago. It had a bud on it and had laready bloomed once, so it has a seed on it as well. Well,t he bud is opening...and looking stunning. However, the second bud fell off...porbably too much heat and not enough water. (sigh)

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Side view...hopefully tomorrow it will be completely open...unless the darned grasshoppers get it!

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

It certainly is PURPLE. Very nice color. I hope you get a lot of seeds in that seed pod. Looks like one many might like to grow next year.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

I like how dark this is. It is really pretty :-)
I have not seen one this dark.
Alice

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Please post that in the Datura Forum! I can't wait to see it fully opened either!

X

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

So pretty! I love it.

Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

Very pretty and such a nice dark color. Thanks for sharing your picture with us.

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I aplogise for posting in the burg forum...I looked at the burg forum and could have sworn it said daturas and brugs. Terry moved the thread for me. I do apologise for those who were bothered by my faux pas.

On a positive note, it finished opening today! I will post it on a new thread because I don't want the glory of it's full bloom to be lost in the bottom of the thread. Hope that is OK.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Belle, I wasn't complaining! I just wanted to make sure the Datura enthusiasts got a chance to feast their eyes. Had no problem with it being in the brug forum.

X

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Thanks X...I felt so silly posting to the wrong forum. When I went back and looked, I realized I had misread it. Sometimes the brain just SEEMS to be working...LOL!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

wonderful purple, congrats!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hey Belle, they are called senior moments - I get a lot of them. LOL

X

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

LOL! Yeah, but I've been having them since I was 29! In my case, they are called Lupus Brain Fog. Or, when it is really bad, we call it Brain Frogs....LOL! On bad days. it is like trying to think with your brain full of cottom candy...but even on 'good' days it can be bad and I don't always know when my cognition is being affected. If it is abd, I try to stay off line so I dont' say or do anything totally stupid...but it is on those days when it is mildly impaired and I don't realize it, that I have my 'senior moments'. Ah well, we all have foot in mouth disease from time to time, huh? I just seem to have been born with my toes wiggling in my mouth.

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey, hey !!! Knock that off ! I'm a senior, and I resent that.
I have "Junior moments," that's when I do something really
dumb, making no sense at all, something that someone
else would snicker at. As far as I'm concerned, Senior
means at the top of the list of attained status. So there.
So, you Juniors were saying what????? :o )

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

So, if a 'senior moment' is one where you do something out of absent mindedness, is a 'junior moment' when you do something where your impulses totally over ride your common sense? (asks the mother of a 20 year old with ADD)

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

Bingo !

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I like to think I'm eccentric. Covers junior and senior moments ..

X

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

What a great Dat!!

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Now that sounds like me. My nephew used to refer to me as his Eccentric Auntie M. He really got a kick out of some of my eccentricities when he was 19-21. Now that he has grown up and has an important job, eccentric doesn't seem to appeal to him the way it used to.... But then, I have gotten a lot less eccentric since I married my DH, so I guess things work out.

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

Gee, Bama, in my day they used to call that
"personality."

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

LOL! Thanks!

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I too have Brain Farts....just part of being human, with all our defects........post anytime

never seen anything quite like your datura. Does it not have any white at all on it?

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Oh yes...that was just the bud. The full bloom opened and I posted it on a seperate thread lest it's beauty be buried in the bottom of this thread. LOL! Vanity, huh? Let me see if I can dig the photo back up of the full bloom....

Thumbnail by BamaBelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.