adding a category

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Help, I am getting so frustrated

I read the Q & A, I understand the answer, but for the life of me I cannot see what they are saying.. The page I get when I click Manage Categories is my list of categories I have already set up, It allows me to add sub categories.. I don't want that, I need to add new ones.

>>Categories are created by clicking on the Manage Categories link under the Main Menu. This brings up the Adding/Editing Categories page which allows you to add, change or delete Categories. You can also create sub-categories by clicking on an existing Category name on this page and entering a sub-category name under the existing category. Some users use sub-categories of A-G, H-O, P-S and T-Z.

Here is a pic of what I am seeing, could someone please help me?

Thumbnail by frans530
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

When you first click on Manage Categories from your main journal page, it'll bring up the list of the categories you already have, then if you scroll down a little farther on the page, underneath the list there is a spot to add a new top level category. I think what you're probably doing is clicking on one of your existing categories, that's the way to add a new sub-category.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I click on the journals tab across the top of the page, It opens the..... Welcome to the gardners journal... then I click on manage your own journal, the pic I posted above is what I get, there is NO spot to add anything other than a sub category.

I am sure it is something simple... and I've let it slide for a year, but I really want to start using this feature.

Fran

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I was finally able to read what your screen says--I think you're still in the steps where you're first setting up the journal, and if I understand the screen correctly I think it wants you to add an item to your journal first which will complete your setup. It's been too long since I set up my journal so I may not really be too much help--the directions I gave you will work once your journal setup steps are complete. I would try reading Terry's thread on getting started, that may help you figure out what to do to complete the setup steps.

Once you're done setting up the journal, the next time you go back, when you click on "manage my journal", you should get a page that has a section called "main menu", under here you will see an option called "manage categories", this is what I was giving you directions for.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, Thanks for the help, I will add something to complete it and see what happens.

Fran

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images