Bloom Master planter

Ashburn, VA(Zone 7a)

Anybody having any luck with these? I bought three of them and they look terrible. It has been over a month and the plants are not filling in and look sad. Can seem to keep them watered. Water them all the time and the soil just never looks moist. I would love to know what I am doing wrong, because these things were not cheap. I am about to pull all the plants and go back to coconut liners.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I've never used these, had to google them to see what they were. Are you planting plants sticking out all the holes in the side of the pots, or are you planting things only in the top and leaving most of the holes on the sides open? If you're just planting in the top or just in a few holes, I think water will get out of the other holes much more quickly than in a regular pot. Or if you're planting in all the holes, it might be that there are so many more plants in the container than you would fit in a regular container where you can only plant at the top that all the roots are sucking up the moisture much more quickly. These are just theories of course, I'd never actually seen these before. Have you tried the water retention beads/polymers? If the problem really is not being able to keep the soil moist those could really help you out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.