Free Long Distance

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

With a couple of extra steps you can make free calls in the U.S. and Canada:
http://www.phonentalk.com/

The editor of the newsletter in which this information appeared contacted the man who set up the system. Here is his report on what he learned:

"As a footnote to the above, I talked to Michael Sanders in Walla Walla, WA and he
said he originally developed the technology so his parents could stay in contact
with each other without long distance charges. He has put on hold his plans to
commercialize the technology for corporations who might use the technology on their
website so their employees can make long distance calls at no charge. Anyway, we as
individuals will be able to take advantage of the free phone calls for many months
to come according to Michael. I used it last night to call my cousin in Ft Worth and
it worked great! Michael did say sometimes the equipment will drop your call in
about 20 minutes, and then sometimes it doesnt. He will work on that bug when he
gets time."

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!