Seedling starter tray- 5 cups across by 8 cups long

Charlotte, NC(Zone 8a)

This year I found a tray in my stash of hodgepodge that I didn't remember I had. It turned out to be the easiest to work with. The little cups remind me of round kids' Jello pudding cups with a hole in each about a half an inch in diameter. I set my Jiffy 7's in the bottom of each cup after moistening (swelling) and the seeds were placed in each Jiffy 7 and as they were growing I did not transplant them until after danger of frost had passed. The Jiffy 7 ended up with a substantial root mass that was perfect for planting.

What I would like to know is this ... where do I find more of these? I have had it for some time, but it got shoved around and lost in my own mess. I have no idea where I got it. There is no name on it. It is black plastic, but does not fit a standard black tray. What are some names of companies that might be likely to sell it? I have checked catalogs of various seed companies and A. M. Leonard's catalog -The Gardener's Edge. None have these trays.

Karin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!