anyone know any good daylily sources ??

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i am looking for some here in Ga that may be mail order or not to far to drive from augusta ga. thanks

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

There are several individuals in my area that have lots of beautiful daylily beds with signs in their front yard saying "daylilies for sale". I'm north of Athens, around I-85 area, so probably a long drive for you.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

I got most of fragrants at FlowerScents Gardens for a VERY reasonable price. Glen's closed for the summer now, check him in Sept. Also check Oakes and Bluestone. I also visited locals for deals.

Thomson, GA

I found this on one of the forums here, can't remember which one. Funny, I've been in the area for 20 years and never knew this place existed!! I plan to visit in a couple of weeks (when I have some extra moulla to spend on new babies!!) http://www.shawssunshinegardens.com/

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Wow, nice site. Thanks for posting it!

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Amazing what determination, desire, and faith will do! sharon

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Well check this out from the daylily forum, a listing by state:

http://www.ofts.com/bill/dl_links.html#comus

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i plan on checking this one out this week or so as i live within throwing distance of it.

according to the site its only been here 5 years.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

If you want the old fashioned orange ones, I have hundreds you can have for free!!!

I don't know if anyone is interested or not ... but here's a web site with Daylilies on sell. I have been pleased with my purchase from them in the past.

www.papagenos.com

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

May be getting a little late but try Shaw's Sunshine Garden or The Little Daylily Farm, both in S, Augusta. The latter also has a stall at the Saturday downtown market.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Mr Shaw is out of town until next week sometime. i have already been and planning on going agian when he comes back. it is getting late in the season though for here.

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Shumake's Daylily Garden located just outside Jefferson[Jackson Co.] is a good one. It isn't far off I-85, if anyone is ever up this way.

Athens, GA

Hi Berrygirl~ I'm new to Dave's Garden Georgia Forum. We are practically neighbors! I live in Winder. My ancestors are from Braselton! (I was at Braselton Antique Mall just last week!)Thank you for Sumake's Daylily information! Jefferson is close 'stomping grounds'! I will definately visit. Have you been to Goodness Grows on the other side of Athens in Lexington or to Thyme After Thyme out past the Athens Airport? Both are a gardener's delight!!! I buy most of my plants from there since Gardensmith Greenhouses and Spencer's Nursery in Jackson County closed. Also, the owner of Peckers in Hoschton told me of a guy on 124 who sold him his beautiful courtyard plants. I'd like to visit there on my next planting excursion! Is the garden center in Braselton, right off of I-85, still in business? I haven't been there in a couple of years... So nice to meet you! Take care of those 'babies'. (I have two yorkies-Izabelle and Annie Belle and a pug-Sophie Mae and one cat-Magic which I raised from a bottle. I love animals and plants!) Again, thanks for the local lily info!

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Angel and welcome to DG! Yes we are neighbors.

I haven't been to those Athens nurseries but thanks for the info.Yes, Outdoor Environments greenhouse in Braselton is still there. It does a good business and gets quite a bit of mine- lol!

The guy on 124 I think you're talking about the small business that's near the traffic light and beside the little old white store. I have never been there b/c I could never tell when it was open. I didn't know that Gardensmith in Jefferson is closed- what a shame as the lady who owns it was so nice. She was featured a lot in the AJC.

Your babies sound wonderful. You'll have to post pix of them soon. I look forward to chatting with you at DG.
Debbie

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

okay back to the nurseries here

the little daylily farm is closed for the season. it wont re open till may of next year.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Have you looked at TYTY Nursery in TyTy, GA near Tifton? I know that's a far piece from Augusta, but you may want to check out their web site for dayliles. http://www.tytyga.com/

This message was edited Jul 16, 2006 1:43 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/south/msg031557199110.html

Ty Ty is bad news.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2006 1:53 PM

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Sorry, never bought anything from them, just know there have daylilies. Glad you gave us a heads-up!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Cordele,
Hey, that's OK! No harm no foul.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

www.daylilydream.com
I was very pleased with my order from Jeff. Not sure if he is still taking orders for this year, but here is his web site...
Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.