Canna

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

I was just wondering if people could post pictures of thier whole garden. I want to see how other people incorporate cannas into thier design. Im pretty new to cannas so i dont have many pictures but im hoping other people do.

Heres one from today. Nothing large and everything close grouped.

Thumbnail by MrEli
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You did a great job. Do what please you. I can't wait to see your blooms. Please post them when they do.
Patti

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

That is really nice. I'll take a pic of our stand of cannas and post tomorrow for you. Are those sweet potato vines in front? the Chartreuse colored flowers look like Margarita.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I use the Ipomea blackie as a ground cover and it is wonderful because it keeps the ground a little cooler in the summer. When I looks like it might be choking a plant, I just yank out that section with almost no effort. The moment temps hit 40 degrees it dies on me, but it has come back for several years now. I was thinking about adding Ipomea Marguerite, but decided it would be too busy.
Mr Eli your setup is positively luscious!

Voss,
Have you seen my newly planted garden with coleus, hostas, caladiums, and Marguerite? Here's a look see.

Thumbnail by Gymgirl

From the back side.

Thumbnail by Gymgirl
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

very beautiful!

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

yes, those are sweet potato vines in front. and thank you voss for the compliment. I think i could live with a low of 40 in winter. that might be a high around here.

i had no idea it was going to get that full. this is what it looked like when i planted it 1 month ago.

Thumbnail by MrEli
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is my flower bed. I am still working on it. The heat Texas can be too much. LOL
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

Im gonna bump this just to show how much my cannas have grown from the 15th till today.

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

and my one open bloom. just recived this from my fater for my b-day.
he baught me a stuggart, new white, chocolate cherry, boca blue, ermine and innosence.

Thumbnail by MrEli
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Your cannas look great. Beautiful bloom.
Patti

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

My garden is a series of rooms .. on the tropical side is a brugmansia room and canna room. The 2 opposite walls of the canna room will have canna, daylilies, peach ginger and some red castor. I'd like to intersperse caladium here and there and am researching them to find some that can take full sun.

This picture is from last year .. I'm in the process of digging the bed and collecting the plants for the opposite walls.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

X, i love the way that looks! very nice job.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thank you! .. except for the Bengal Tiger & Elephant Ears, the rest of the canna are from seed! I like the way you have mixed the different color leaves. I finally have some dark leaf canna myself and will ultimately swap some of them with the green leaf in the main bed.

X

This message was edited Jun 29, 2006 2:20 PM

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

8 feet tall around the edge of a pons in September

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.