MY ENJOYABLE VISIT WITH DEANNE

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I had a lovely time Deanne and thanks again for your hospitality. Just thought I would post some pics of your lovely cottage garden.

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Dee's lovely cottage garden, pic #2

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

And pic #3

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Pic #4

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Final garden pic

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Dee and hubby's lovely pond

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Dee's home with lovely flower garden

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Me and Dee

Thumbnail by hemlady
Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful....

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Just Beautiful!!!! It looks so peaceful......Aleta

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

How nice that you could get together. :)
I LOVE the picket fencing!

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

Deanne
Your place is beautiful! What a nice visit. I love visiting other peoples Gardens.
Kim

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Deann, your gift of Tansy likes its new home.

Thumbnail by hemlady
novi, MI(Zone 6a)

I was lucky enough to meet deann at the plant swap at notmartha's place.
She's a lovely person isnt she?! She was very generous and nice to this newbie. I hope to be able to get together with her again sometime!
In fact, everyone was very nice and i thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks again DG for putting fellow gardeners in touch.
Vanessa ;-)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes Vanessa, she is a super person and very generous!!!!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Cindy......Just reading this tread, did not see it when you first put it in...........thank you so much...........you should see the NEw Dawn roses now.....they are blooming their hearts out....picture enclosed....

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

This picture taken from inside of the garden.........Does anyone know how you can post more then one picture at the same time........

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow, they look wonderful Deann. My New Dawn starting blooming too.

I don't think you can post more than one at a time unless you use a special program like Picassa, but I am really not sure. Maybe someone else out there knows the answer.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Deann is that after Messenger???

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Cindy.....Yup....I sprayed Messenger on all of my stuff.....that stuff is the best thing since sliced bread....

Deann

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

Glad to hear on Messenger I bought some from the Coop. My roses started with black spot because of all the rain but are starting to recoop. I can use all the help I can get though.
New Dawn is beautiful I'm just drooling here and how pretty on the fence like that.
Kim

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Kim

I sware by that stuff.......Yesterday for an example, I have this huge hanging plant by my door, picture enclosed, and I sprayed that with Messenger, well I was "pinching back" my mum bed which is directely under this hanging basket, and boy you can see the difference where I had sprayed this basket, and I guess some of the messenger dripped down on the mums below it. Well the leaves were twice the size of the other mum plants.....so Yeah, it does work....

Deann

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Kim

I sware by that stuff.......Yesterday for an example, I have this huge hanging plant by my door, picture enclosed, and I sprayed that with Messenger, well I was "pinching back" my mum bed which is directely under this hanging basket, and boy you can see the difference where I had sprayed this basket, and I guess some of the messenger dripped down on the mums below it. Well the leaves were twice the size of the other mum plants.....so Yeah, it does work....this first picture was taken June 5th......the second pictue I will post was taken June 24th....you be the judge.....

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Kim

Here is the second photo take June 24th.....

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

OMG its huge! I'm definitely sold can't wait to try it. Please post more pics of your garden as the season progresses I like seeing the changes through the season.
Kim

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I can't wait to get mine and try it. I have a couple of stubborn daylilies that don't multiply. I am going to experiment on them and see what happens.

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

Hemlady
Don't laugh but I have had great success with stepping on them. The first time was an oops and the canadian geese at the pond help sometimes and don't really care for their help. I have one called fluttering beauty it is very slow to multiply I had two fans forever then they got stepped on and I now have 5 hard to believe but true. my cows have also helped in the past but not by choice. I read that anytime a crown is damaged or fans break near the crown they go into self preservation and many fans will replace the damage. Crown rot also shows this to us many times. I had a couple of newer ones that got crown rot I treat it with a bleach solution but dig out all the soft tissue first. Most will grow new fans from the side or underneath part of the crown I always get 2 or more.
Kim

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That is very interesting Kim. I have experienced what you say about crown rot. I had Fluttering Beauty too but lost it to crown rot this spring. I treated 5 daylilies for rot and none made it. I may have waited too long to start treating.

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

I use a 20% bleach mix but check all my DL's frequently and do miss some on occasion but found that the bleach works better than anything else I have tried. If not too bad I will saturate the ground with it but if it looks like its really struggling I will dig it soak it clean all the infected parts and replant it in a medium and rooting toner. I use very little water in the first few weeks that way its sterilized and dry. I have had good luck with this and only lost one out of 12 this year so not too bad.
Kim

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That's a very good success rate Kim. I am going to copy this thread and refer to it next year if I have any problems. I did use the bleach, but like I said, I think I waited till they were too far gone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.