Updating PlantFiles?

Beechwood, Australia(Zone 10a)

How do members update the data in PlantFiles?

For example, Acacia longifolia frequently grows larger than the 20' mentioned (25-30'), and in USDA Zones lower than 10a - well, here on the Eastern coast of Australia anyway!

I've searched for quite a while on the method to update plant data, but haven't found it yet. I'm sure it's in here somewhere though! :-)

ps: great website, amazed at it's 'depth', and the enthusiasm of it's members!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If nobody's added any information in a particular section, it will say "unknown--tell us", then when you click that link you can add the info. If someone's already put something in, but you think the information is incorrect/incomplete, then click the "Report an error" button at the top and say what you think the information should be (probably helps if you include your reference book/website where you found the correct information so that Terry or whoever does the update can verify that your info is indeed correct vs the old info that was in there).

The only part that works differently than what I just said here is if you know of another synonym for the plant--to change that, you go all the way to the bottom of the page and click "switch to live view", then when you go back to the top of the page you'll see a link that says "add a synonym".

Hope that helps!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

maxhugen,
Anything you feel is wrong in Pf you can send a error report. There is a red report an error button at the top of each entry. Click on that from the entry you want to report on and send us something to back up what you want changed. Links to your references etc and we will be glad to correct them.

Glad you are enjoying the site. It's the best garden site around. :)

Thanks ecrane3 and mystic!

Will have to find some references then... what's obvious to me may or may not be documented somewhere else. :-)

Cheers, Max

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you have an observation that you want to share but you don't have the documentation to change the actual info in PF, you could always add a comment to the plant, saying for example that in your area you've seen the tree regularly get to 30 ft instead of 20.

OK!

Will try to find documentation first, otherwise will add to Comments as you point out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images