armadillo

Lone Oak, TX

Hello,

I live in East Texas, about 60 miles due east of Dallas on a 20 ac. farm. Since last year I have been having problem with armadillos grubbing into the soil around trees and also on plain ground, leaving quite a mess. My DH, who has a 'weird" sense of humor, said that those creatures are doing the tilling for me.....:(

Anyway, 2 game wardens told me to either shoot them or trap them. My problem is I don't really know where they come from. As far as I know, they "tilled" about 3 ac. area. Where am I supposed to put the trap or wait for it to show up in the night? Am I supposed to sit outside when it gets dark and just wait? We have trapped many raccoons and killed many snakes, but this one really confounds me. I really would appreciate any input and advice. Thank you.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!