Maryland Gardeners!! Need help??

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

I am coming to visit my daughter and her family in Waldorf, Maryland...on July 7th to 12th.. I am coming from Texas..She knows nothing of gardening spots,nurseries,or anything gardening whatever up there cuz she moved to her house in April all the way from New Mexico-they are in the Air Force..She is still learning the area...lol....
She wants me to help her get the feeling what she can plant in her tiny yard...Now I come from Texas where I can grow just about anything to a dead halt..I know nothing of Maryland weather or seasons..or what she needs to do before the winter gets here..We are not in a hurry to start any planting..I have always told her to scout out about and research her area first...
I need some help on finding nurseries or garden spots to visit...
Thanks, Nadine from Texas

This message was edited Jun 11, 2006 9:35 AM

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Nadine, you might get a better response in the Mid Atlantic forum.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/region_mida/all/
Don't be shy around us Yankees, though. LOL
Visit anytime.
Andy P

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Oh I am not..My son in law is from New Jersey!!! He adopted me!!...lol..He is gonna show me around...

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

Moodene, i live in NY now, but I'm a native Marylander. Believe it or not, we consider ourselves Southerners! After all...the Mason-Dixon line is the Md-Pennsylvania border!

From my standpoint up here, your daughter can grow practically anything down there in Maryland! I envy her mild winters

daisygrrl

Abingdon, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry, just read thread (really busy with my garden). It would be nice to know if the yard is mostly sunny or shady that you will be planting in. My garden is mostly all sun, so I have a lot of flowers, herbs, vegatables,bushies and trees planted. Maybe I can help with some ideas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.