rusted birdcage salvaged

Fortuna, CA

I had a rusted old wire birdcage that I couldn't stand to throw out and a shepherds hook that bent under the weight of even the smallest of hanging plants. So I hammered an old fence post into the ground, wired the shepherds hook to it for support, hung the cage on it and spray painted them all black.

To create a deeper planting area I wove vinyl from some old binder dividers through the bars and to have easier access to plant and tend the plants I used the dremel and cut away a large section on one sode of the cage.

I plan to add a solar lantern where the green pot is hanging now but that has to wait for a good sale. So far this has cost me $2.95 (for the paint). The plants are basic hens and chicks and mother of millions divided from another area of the garden.

Thumbnail by Stinkerweed
This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!