SDB photos please

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

I just purchased 14 new SDB from an MIS sale and was wondering if anyone might have pictures of the ones I can't find.
Still looking for;

Meline Baither 2004
Cherry Child 1994
Helmsman 2001
Infanta 2002

Thanks

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Here's Infanta:

http://www.medianiris.com/images/Conventions/sdb/infanta.jpg

I wasn't able to find pics of the others, but I do know that the first iris you listed is named "Melanie Baither".

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Hi Laurie,
The link doesn't work for me. I tried to copy & paste address still won't.

Thanks for the name correction. I had it right on my list, just wrong on this list. The only thing I could find on MB was that it was a 2004, that was on the iris register.

Thanks
Bonnie

FOUND----Melaine Baither
FOUND----Helmsman

This message was edited Jun 11, 2006 6:08 AM

This message was edited Jun 11, 2006 6:10 AM

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Still looking for photos of Cherry Child and Infanta?? Anyone?? Please.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Bonnie,

The Median Iris Society site seems to be down, but if you go to Google Image search here:

http://images.google.com/

and type in the search term (including the quotation marks):

"Infanta" iris

it will at least return a thumbnail pic of Infanta from the MIS website.

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Laurie,
Thank you! It worked! I also found a photo of Seafire for a friend. I should have checked out this page before I went to the sale. Many recent SDB for sale. They just put them in bags with the SDB name and color (blue, yellow ect.). I had no idea what I had until I got home and looked them up. I got one last year that I thought they must have misnamed. It was labeled Devoted. I couldn't find it on the iris register, but did find Devotee. When it bloomed this year it wasn't Devotee. I found info this year for it. Devoted 2005. The price at the sale went up from 50 cents to $1 this year, but still a VERY good price.
Thanks again!
Bonnie

Thumbnail by hooked
Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Need more help !
These are the ones my friend bought that we can't find photos of. Can you help? Please!

INDIAN FOOTPRINT
(David Sindt by Adamgrove, R. 1992). Sdlg. 752. SDB 12" (30 cm) M.
"S. yellow gold, heavily dotted cinnamon; F. gold with thick cinnamon band at sides, narrowing at tip; beards white, tipped yellow. (Ginger Tart x Quip) X Pepper Mill., Adamgrove 1992. "

SPLIT DECISION
(E. Hobbs, R. 1987). Sdlg. 80-1. SDB 12.5" (32 cm) E-M.
"S. white; F. light violet blue with fine white line at edge; creamy white beard; ruffled. 78-7: (Sea O'Blue x Creamette) X unknown., Adamgrove, Miller's Manor 1989. HM 1992"

PAL SAM
(J. Gatty, R. 1986). Sdlg. M57-1A. SDB 12" (30 cm) M.
"S. white, widely bordered imperial purple (M&P 45-H-9); F. oyster (10-B-1), straw (10-F-2) hafts, small maroon purple (56-H-2) haft area and wire rim; white to light yellow beard, yellow orange in throat. J9-5, Peso sib, X Soft Air., Keppel 1987. "

DASH AWAY
(K. Waite, R. 1978). Sdlg. 74-35-A. SDB 15" (38 cm) M-L.
"S. white, trace of yellow in midrib; F. sulphur yellow (RHS 68) with white edge at lower end, slightly ruffled; white beard tipped yellow. Sky and Snow X Pamela Ann., Tow Path Lane Gardens 1981.

SOFT AIR
(B. Warburton, R. 1972). Sdlg. 77N-6. SDB 14" (36 cm) M.
"Cream-white, some yellow at hafts; white beard lightly tinted yellow. ((Snow Flurry x AM-5 blue pumila) x Scot Cream) X Three Smokes., Old Brook 1973. "

JEWELRY
(Ben Hager, R. 1991). Sdlg. SD4999Wh/YBlBds. SDB 11" (29 cm) M.
"S. white tinged cream and blue at base; style arms blue white; F. medium yellow; beards light blue. Naiad X SD4449: ((((Joy Bringer x Ornament) x ((Sunny Heart x ((Evening Storm x Welch H-501) x (Sulina x Melodrama))) x (Blueberry Muffins x Peanuts))) x Flirty Mary) x 4018GrSp)., Adamgrove 1991. "

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks Laurie!
I found Pal Sam also.

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Found Dash Away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.