A good use for Creeping Fig

Phoenix, AZ

A good use for Creeping Fig

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

Another :)

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

It's funny, that giraffe looks like a young'n!

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

My son really liked the Godzilla fig.....lol. He doesn't understand why mom can't grow kewl stuff like that too !!!!!!

~Julie =0)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Too cute. I love them both. Looks like you have a great garden there.

Phoenix, AZ

Thanks. I have 13 topiaries. I'm converting them all from Dwarf Myrtle to moss with Creeping Fig. The Dwarf Myrtle wasn't handling the sun here to well. The Giraffe is as tall as me and Godzilla comes up to my shoulder. I have assorted bears, elephants, dolphin, squirel, duck, goose, turtle, dog.

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

They are great would love to see the others . did you make the forms yourself or buy them ??? VERY cool.......Sharon

Phoenix, AZ

When I bought them they were already planted with the Dwarf Myrtle.
Here's the little Teddy. I'll have to see if I have any other pics? Most are in the process of being re-done. So they're not looking so good :(

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

They are great I with I could grow one here !!........sharon

Phoenix, AZ

Heres Teddy re-done with moss & creeping fig, just finished this a.m.

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow, well done! Those are so neat!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

How do you get all that moss in between the topiary wires? I have tried with ONE (a fox) and it never did well...I couldn't get enough of the moss in between all that things. any suggestions? Yours are fabulous!

Phoenix, AZ

I used wire snips and opened up one of Teddys legs. Still got a lot of scratches trying to stuff in the moss, I also used a long screw driver to try and stuff up the moss into the face and arms. After I whip stiched the leg shut with wire. The creeping fig is planted in the pot and then wrapped and pinned up the body with hair pins. The fig is not planted in the moss. It's really time consuming. But I get such a kick out of them :)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Those are so cute! And I just love the teddy. I'm going to search for a link with instructions and see if I can find one of the frames. :-)
Terrie

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Fish_knees (that makes me laugh too!) I love the idea of doing a wire what ever is in my twisted mine to put in my greenhouse during the winter. I'll send you a picture if I actually get something presentable or just weird. (Elvis, aliens, Nessie etc) Thanks for sharing. Patti

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Too cute! Maybe I should start watching more late night TV and order a Chia. Or is that only at Christmas on cable?

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I LOVE the teddy bear. I have a collection of Boyd's bears...if I had a teddy in my garden like that, I think my hubby would die!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.