New thread for Genus/Family checklist additions

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

As many of you know, PlantFiles uses a checklist for all new entries to check for genus and family names that have been reviewed and validated.

This is a continuation of this thread: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/518450/

It is intended for any PF user to request an additional genus or family name not already on our checklist. (The first thread was getting a bit long ;o)

Please be sure if you include family name to note whether it needs to be added to the checklist, or if you're simply including it for reference.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

The Genus on these two plants need to be added to the plant files.
Could you please do it.

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=ANFL3

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=ANER

Thank you very much,.
Josephine.

Can you please add the following three genus to the plant files?

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=ASIN9

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=ASHY4

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=ARHI3

Thank you very much.
Josephine.

Never mind.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2006 11:44 PM

Frostweed, the following genera have all been added to our checklist:

Antiphytum
Anulocaulis
Astranthium
Aspicarpa
Arthraxon

Thank you Terry, you are a sweetheart.
Josephine.

The following genera have been added to our checklist:

Axonopus
Barkleyanthus
Bartonia
Batesimalva
Bellardia
Bergia
Bifora
Billieturnera
Blepharidachne
Blutaparon

Bigelowia was already included.

Thank you Terry, I feel a little conspicuous beeing the only one asking for this at this time. I hope you don't mind.
Josephine.

Not at all - these requests tend to come in spurts when someone is working on new entries. It means PlantFiles is growing, and that's always a good thing!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please add these genera in the Cactaceae to the list:
Maihuenia, Haagespostoa, Lasiocereus, Geohintonia, Dendrocereus, Leptocereus, Disberocereus.
(Cactaceae is already on the family list)
TIA.

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Terry,
I just added Podocoma cuneifolia to the PlantFiles. I then looked it up on the internet and found that it's name has been changed to Ixiochlamys cuneifolia. I have changed the name of the entry to Ixiochlamys and added Podocoma as a synonym, but I suspect that the genus Ixiochlamys (Asteraceae) is not in your recognised list as the change of genus name seems to bypass your check. Could you please check, and if necessary add Ixiochlamys to the list.
By the way, I also discovered that this is not the plant that I photographed (I clearly misidentified it back in 1988) so I will not be adding the picture and will have to do some more research to find out what plant I did photograph.
Ken

Terry,
I have now correctly identified the picture I had mislabelled as Podocoma cuneifolia. It is actually Schoenia cassiniana.
Could you please add
Schoenia in the Asteraceae
to the list,

Ken

Me again Terry,
You can ignore the previous message. Schoenia is already in the list. I asked for it to be added some time ago when I filled in all the Asteraceae genera for which I have photos. I just discovered that I have another picture of the same species, but this time correctly labelled. I have created an entry for Schoenia cassiniana and will now add my (two) photographs.
Sorry for all the confusion,
Ken

Frostweed, the following have been added:
Bartlettia
Bouchetia
Bowlesia
Brachyelytrum
Brickelliastrum
Brongniartia
Burmannia

Xenomorf, the following have been added:
Dendrocereus
Geohintonia
Haagespostoa
Lasiocereus
Leptocereus
Maihuenia

kennedyh, I added Ixiochlamys to the list...just in case ;o)

Thank you Terry, you are wonderful as usual.
Josephine.

Ummm, well, I wouldn't say that - I was terribly delinquent in getting these done - I apologize for holding up your efforts!

Terry,
could you please add a few more genera;

Olacaceae:
Olax

Santalaceae:
Geocaulon
Leptomeria

Viscaceae:
Notothixos

and one new family and genus:

Brunoniaceae:
Brunonia

thanks,
Ken

Terry, I just added the plant Pterigeron adscendens to the Plant Files and then discovered that it has had a name change to Streptoglossa adscendens.
I made the change to the name, but I suspect that Streptoglossa (Asteraceae) is not in the approved list. Could you add it please,

Ken

Ken, Streptoglossa has been added.

FYI to all: I will be unable to add any new family or generic names to the checklist from July 9 thru July 14. If you have names that need to be added ASAP, please feel free to post them here through tomorrow (July 8) and I will do my best to get everything in before I leave!

Thanks Terry,
Could you make sure to add the genera and family I requested on July 2nd, before your break from July 9 through July 14
Ken

Hi Ken - my apologies for the oversight. All those you listed on July 2 have now been added.

Thanks Terry

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please add the genus "Schismus" in Poaceae.
(I believe Poaceae is already on the list)
TIA.

Thank you. Schismus has now been added to the list.

Thank you they have all been added.

My Goodness!!!! thank tou very much Baa, you are on the ball.

Josephine.

Terry,
I thought you had done this one previously (my last request in the old thread), but when I try to add the species, the genus is rejected.
Could I again request the addition of the new Family Balanophoraceae
and then for the genus in that family of Balanophora.
Balanophora fungosa is one of the most amazing plants, looking far more like a fungus than a flowering plant, which I came across just once on a walk up in Queensland.
Thanks,
Ken

Ken I added Balanophora this morning (apparently I added the family but not the genus last time - so sorry!)

Frostweed, no need to apologize. I added the following to the checklist:

Dasyochloa
Daucosma
Deiregyne
Dulichium
Dysodiopsis
Ebenopsis
Echeandia
Elionurus
Epixiphium
Erechtites
Esenbeckia
Eurytaenia
Florestina
Fuirena
Funastrum

If you have problems with any of these not working properly, please let me know. (My son's kitten is completely fascinated by the movement on my computer screen, and I don't always have the heart to shoo her off my desk...so I was having to dodge and weave around her body to see what I was doing this morning!)

Thank you Terry, actually I have the same problem with my siamese cat Angel, she loves to lie down between the keyboard and the monitor when I am working, and wants her belly rubbed right there, then she has to stand up and stretch, so I know what you mean.
Josephine.

Me too. Our Smokey comes and walks up and down over the keyboard every morning until I feed her,
Ken

Oh, good!!!! Then you both understand just how much visual mass a kitten (she's little, but she's a longhair) can create, right in front of my screen, lol.

Terry,
I just added Senecio scorzoneroides to the PlantFiles and then discovered it has had a name change to Dolichoglottis scorzoneroides. I was able to change the Genus to Dolichoglottis and put Senecio as a synonym, but I suspect that Dolichoglottis is not in your accepted list of Genera for the Asteraceae,
Ken

ken, your hunch was right - I've added it to the checklist, so new entries using it as the basionym can be added. Thanks!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I tried to add a plant , Apiaceae Eryngium yuccifolium and it came back that Eryngium wasn't a listed genus. Is it something that needs to be added, or has it been renamed?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Hmm...I thought it ought to be there too, but it kept coming up that PF couldn't find an entry. On about the third try, I got the message that the genus wasn't one that PF had, and to contact admin. I even checked my spelling more than once.
I'll try again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images