From a different point of view ...

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Every day I check out my Bengal Tiger canna to see if their are any signs of flowering .. so far nothing .. until I took a good look at this picture of my canna ...

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

That is a cool picture!!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks pepper!

X

Key West, FL(Zone 11)

Great picture ,
You should keep it for the next photo competition.....physcadelic

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

awesome! that is gorgeous. these were on my list to get--even before i saw the picture...time to start looking. if you don't mind me asking, do you recommend a good dealer? BTW, what do you have planted with these. i love to play around with color combinations and textures. these would be cool with so many plants!! thanks :o)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Amazing picture. Beautiful.
Thanks you for sharing it with us.
Patti

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks all .. Ashley, I got my Bengal Tigers from a trade .. to be honest I can't remember the last time I bought a plant! Pretty much everything I grow is from seeds, cuttings or trades. Unfortunately, the BT's don't produce seeds.

X

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

your bank account probably looks better than mine then. i'm going to have to put a temporary ban on all nurseries if this keeps up.

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

That is a professional quality art photo. You definitely ought to enter it in several at shows. You might get it picked up by one of those companies htat does prints liek Deck the Walls.

I've got several reds, a few Bengal Tigers, and several plain short cannas that came with the house. Plus my sis just broguht me a pot of Striped Beauty (Liro Canna Belleza Rayada). It has leaves simlar to Bengal Tiger but without the slight red along the outer leaf edge. The flower is yellow and white. She picked up a pot that was full of plants (four adults and several pups) for $7. It had one flower stalk on it when she brougth it to me Tuesday...today it had another flower stalk on it. They were so pot bound they had roots coming out of the bottom and I had to literally cut the pot away in order to plant them. But the pot was so light weight that just trying to finagle the plant out of it, the pot started splitting...so I just cut it down and peeled it off. I went ahead and split them up because it was so crowded...I hope I didn't damage them. But I was afraid if I planted them as is, they would be overcorwded and wouldn't make it.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I like this picture...makes me feel dizzy. I think I need more coffee LOL!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

don't want to hijack your thread....just wanted to add a cool pic I took during our last ice storm in January

Thumbnail by capt_insano
Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Very cool pix.
Alice

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

How about a flowering Cleo?

Thumbnail by Gymgirl

All are cool! Great job on the pics everyone!!

pep

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Let me add my - "Wow, X, that is one awesome photo" - to everyone else's, 'cause it is indeed!!!
CJ

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for all the compliments .. Capt .. after seeing your ice storm photo, I went back and dug out mine I took in the winter of 74 when I lived in indiana .. not nearly as good as yous! I like the colors of your canna gymgirl .. if it makes seeds and you want to trade let me know!

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum

X, I think you are trying to make us dizzy on purpose!!! LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.