Seeds?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi does any one have any Endeavor seeds? to trade or know where i can get any ? thanks paul

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I see aquatic seeds on ebay very often. You might want to find some sellers on ebay and contact them to see if they have these and ask when they may have more if they don`t have them now.

I`m waiting on some canna seeds myself right now.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh how could I forget? Karchesky cannas has them for 12 bucks. I didn`t see any in the seeds section but she has quite a nice selection of seeds. :)

http://www.karcheskycanna.com/

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

How long from seed to flowers?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

it depends on the type of canna my water cannas bloomed from seed at a little over 3 mnts my others some bloomed at 4 mnts paul

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, I had no idea they would bloom that quickly. I need to find someone with some canna seed to share. I really would love one of the whites and I love one that is pinkish coral...don't have a clue what the name is...I just love the ones with the really big flowers, and the ones with the orchid looking flowers as well. I have several different ones, and now I know I can seed them whereever I need. Thanks so much for the info Paul!
Janet

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Janet, canna are hard coat seeds .. you need to nick them until you see white then soak overnight in hand hot water .. I have some un-named orchid like canna, the parents where solid red. The two in the picture were grown from seeds from the red parent. I have some left if you'd like them.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes I would love to have some of the seeds. Just tell me what you would like in return or SASE...I have tons of seed I would be happy to trade as well.
Janet

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Janet i have a few city of portland you can have they are pink paul

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I would love them! Thanks so much. My address is in the exchange...would you like to trade? I have tons of different types of seeds...or I can send postage.
Janet

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

its ok ill just send you the seeds paul

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you so much! I can't wait to get them.
Janet

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Phil,
Your open pollenated 'Endeavour' seeds are in the mail.
If you get a nice deep red aquatic canna or any other good canna from them ..please remember me :-))) .. ha
Watch out for those ladies walking by asking about bugs ..LOL
Wishing you the best!!!
Alice

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks Alice ill tell Phil LOL its Paul but ill remember you if i come up with any thing good paul

Augusta, GA

I just planted some Canna seed from Parks this spring but they charge around a dollar a seed for theirs. I would definitely be interested in trading for canna seed, especially dwarfs. I don't have any canna seed at present but lots of others perennials if anyone is interested. Also I have lots of rhizome for a dwarf yellow canna with red freckles in the throat area for trade (sorry for the "technical" description) Does anyone know what it's name might be?
Thanks,
Deb

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Deb,
I may have some seeds, but I most likely I didn't label them...sometimes I just collect things when I am roaming around in the garden and put them all together in a baggie when I come inside, with good intentions, but then forget what they were...but if I do have some you are welcomed to have them. I don't know if they are considered dwarf or not...how tall do the dwarfs get anyway? Let me know if you are interested and I will check it out for you. I would be happy to trade for some of the one described, I may be able to dig some of mine to send rhizomes as well...but it would be a week or so before I could get to that chore. LMK what you think.
JanetS

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Phil :-)
We need a good red aquatic canna.
Hope you get one :-)
Alice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.