New potatoes

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Just dug these Kennebec's today and had them for supper, boy were they good! Looks like a good year for potatoes here in my area of KY.

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice going there. Hope mine are good too.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Indy,

Good luck! It's been a great spring here for raising 'taters, cool with just the right amount of rain. Let me know how your's make out.

Red

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Those are some good looking fresh potatoes! You just can't beat the freshness and moistness and flavor of home grown potatoes.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Yummmmmm.

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

We just had some of the Red Pontiacs ready last week. DH made a killer
potatoe salad over the holiday. There's nothing like new potatoes.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Ya boy, they're delicious!

You guy/gals having any problems with potato bugs? They're an absolute pain in the butt here! Hard to keep up with them.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Yeah, the potato beetles are worse for me this year.

I have 5 kinds of potatoes, but mostly Kennebecs.

That's me........20 kinds of watermelons, 6 kinds of cantaloupes, 3 kinds of corn, 5 kinds of beans, 3 kinds of sweet potatoes, 4 kinds of broccoli, 2 kinds of cauliflower, 5 kinds of strawberries, 10 kinds of tomatoes, and on...

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow Indy, that's ambitious! Most of mine are one of a kind, except tomatoes, of which I have 27 varieities growing.

What's your favorite cantaloupe? Bean?

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Red!...you have just too many kinds of tomatoes. You need to practice self control! . LOL

My favorite cantaloupe is Willhite's Sugar Queen...the best combination of crenshaw and muskmelon.

Bean? Oh, I like that extra tender Florence and maybe a couple servings of that meaty Burpee's Stringless Green Pod.

Watermelon? glad you asked....... Willhite's Raspa...so good in taste, texture and sweetness.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.