Good place to purchase iris?

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi all,
I've been drooling and panting over the photos I've seen here and would love to add some to my daylily bed and next to my peonies. An acquaintance gave me some of her Siberian iris last year and they lovely. But I'd like to plant some of the bearded ones. Can any of you suggest a reasonable place to get them?
THanks,
Lora B.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

eflowergarden.com

thats where i got most of mine-im not sure if they are updated yet as they dig iris in Aug and Sept. But bert is a member here and I think he has the best prices-that is where i got most of the ones i posted in the iris forum!

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Check out the Garden Watchdog under Iris.
I've purchased from:
Snowpeak (usually first place I look)
Malevil
Cooleys
Superstition (good place for historics)
I would recommend all of the above, Snowpeak especially for their customer service.
Don't wait too much longer to order, rhizomes are already being listed as sold out for the year.
Happy hunting .

Placed my first order with BlueJ Iris, we'll see how they are.

And one other place that I do not recommend.....

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Check out my comment on Blue J in the Watchdog before you order.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Lora I think Blue J is a great company to order from. I know there are a few problems they encountered last year, but overall they've the makings for a great company with great prices. In MA their sizes will seem huge but Granny is right, don't wait too much longer to place your order the, they are selling out fast this year. Lots of other places are too. If you order from a company that resembles yours in weather/region of the county, irises are more likely to survive the first winter because they are mostly acclimated to those growing conditions already. Saying all that, let me get to the answer to your question.

My recommendations for online shopping:
Snowpeak
Blue J
Malevil

By catalog:
Winterberry Iris Gardens
Keith Keppel

There are companies I hear are great, but I've never personally ordered from them.
Mid-America
Hermit Medlar Walk (in MA)
Superstition

Roni

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree with the companies listed above.

I'm very pleased with Blue J. I got a sizeable order from them last year. Two iris turned out to be misfilled and they've been excellent with their customer service this year.

Neil

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, I placed my 1st order for iris from Snowpeak Iris
I ordered several of the Augusto Bianco Iris.
Zia Ida
Aldo Ratti
Acqua di Rosa
Pennellata
Innocenti Evasioni

Does anyone else know anything about these? The photos were just so lovely.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Can't go wrong with Mid-America
Inanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.