The snails are coming! The snails are coming!

San Antonio, TX

Help. I am in San Antonio, Texas. Land of the lush tropicals. My collection of plants go from an eight foot verigated ivy, jade plant, guernas, cane, porta locha, etc etc. The snails are outrageous. I think I am the only water source for 5 miles the way they are coming at my plants. Salt is out of the question and these guys are immune to snail bait. These are BIG!!! Any suggestions besides smashing. That is so ugly.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I would try posting this on the Garden Foes forum--or just look at previous threads over there, I'm sure snails are a popular subject so your question may have already been answered. I've also seen some discussions of snail products on the Garden Products forum, so you might want to look there too.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Escargo, sluggo, pretty much any slug and snail bait works if you use it correctly. What I do, starting in spring is about once a week go sprinkle some a few inches away from the base of the plants they are attacking and any consistently damp areas around the house .. I don't put it up next to plants because that's where you don't want them. By May I usually cut down to once a month to keep them in check.

One application is not going to do the trick .. start off once a week for a month and cut back to every 2 weeks for another month then you can probably do the once a month thing for the rest of the summer and fall.

X

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.