A big Thank You!

Coral Springs, FL(Zone 10b)

I was so happy to find this new fern forum! A big thank you to those folks who lobbied for one, and to the administrators who listened and made it happen.
I am a know nothing when it comes to ferns, except that I really love them.
I so look forward to reading everyones information and learning!
The ferns I have now are:
(from biggest to littlest)
Australian Tree fern
Kimberly queen fern
Birds Nest fern
Boston Fern
Rabbits Foot fern
Kangaroo paw fern
Holly Fern
Ruffled Birds Nest Fern (I think)
Rosy Maidenhair Fern
Heart Fern
Mahogany Fern
Silver Dollar Maidenhair Fern (very sickly) :(
Korean Rock Fern and a
Tassle Fern.

My real problem is not enough shade!
As I said, I really dont know anything about ferns, but I do know that some of these are sporing. The rosy maidenhair, the kangaroo paw and the birdsnest fern are all sporing. (I dont know if thats a correct term!)
The Holly Fern also. If I can share any of these with anyone let me know how to collect and send them and I will give it the good old college try.
A while back I promised to send some of the tree fern spore to someone here at Daves, if and when it did happen, and now I know (from this forum) that I need to be looking not UNDER the leaves, but for some kind of nodule or pod.
I hope to learn from all of you! Now it's off to work I go, and I hope everyone has a wonderful sunshine dappled day!
:)
Amy

Key West, FL(Zone 11)

Some sunshine would be nice,
seems like it been dul and damp for weeks down here, I am noticing Ferns growing wild everywhere around my property now since I found this forum, I think Im going to collect a some of each and see what I have. Do you have any pics of Kangaroo paw fern.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey celt bring your dull and wet weather up here!! We need all the moisture we can get cause we are in a MAJOR drought. I want rain and I want it now!!! LOL. Now I sound like a 3 year old! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.