Jack in the Pulpits

Proctorville, OH(Zone 5b)

After trying to grow these for 3 years... We really took a leap this year. I should get a pic of the the green dragon. But this is triphyllum? And it is a good 2.5 feet tall.

Thumbnail by southernOhio

oops Here is our caged Green Dragon... It is suppose to be bigger than this.

Thumbnail by southernOhio
Madison, WI

Yes, the first picture is of Arisaema triphyllum. They are very hardy and tend to spread if like the spot, at least for me.

Do I understand correctly that the Green Dragon is 3 years old? I planted some this spring and wonder how they will like it here.

Yes, that's about right. 2003 coop Planted that spring. They are both way too close to the house, I don't think I planted them that close. LOL It's like they moved on their own.

The spot has filled in & become moister & more woods like in those 3 springs. So yours probably won't take as long.

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

I'm not sure which one these are, but they're natives in the woods behind the house.

Thumbnail by sstateham
Bridgewater, MA(Zone 6b)

That is a very good-sized A. triphyllum.

-Greg

Yes, it is! How tall is that? Before I started I was under the impression they were 12 inches or so. I love these tall ones.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

They are rather hard to get started (for me anyway).
Our native JinP's are now at the 2-2 1/2' stage.
(Rescues from a consturction site)
In the wild I'd say 18" is a tall one in the woods here.
After they get happy they will spread out nicely.
Our one clump is about 3' across now.
Keep the compost and water coming, especially near the house and they'll do just fine.
Ric

That is exciting to know. We have room in other places, but here near the house, anything grows. It is sort of our hospital bed.... LOL And yes it is crowded.... Hardy begonia taking over now.... after 2 years of behaving..

we may have to move it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.