That darn Lucifer....

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

bad boy that he is won't stop blooming or giving the best photo ops!

Thumbnail by KactusKathi
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

kathi, do all lucifer cannas have green foliage? i just bought a bunch of cannas for $1 at Lowe's because they were "distressed." (neglected would be a better word, but i think with a little TLC they'll be okay.) i bought some with green foliage and red buds which i think are labeled correctly as Lucifer, however, i also bought some with the dark purple/red foliage (Australian??) which were also labeled as Lucifer--they were completely different looking. is that possible? (i don't know much about cannas except to stay on top of bugs with a systemic!!)

by the way, your bloom is beautiful!

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ashley - Your post made we wonder why they would label both as Lucifer so I just did some research and found out that their are two Lucifers one is the red and yellow and the other is called Golden Lucifer which is what I have. We learn something new everyday!

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ashley - Your post made we wonder why they would label both as Lucifer so I just did some research and found out that their are two Lucifers one is the red and yellow and the other is called Golden Lucifer which is what I have. We learn something new everyday! I also found one called Lucifer's Sister!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I have bought 3 Lucifers this season, 2 from Lows and 1 on Ebay, the Lows have turned out more like Picasso and the Ebay one is crimson in colour. I did however notice when I went back to Lows to look that the whole palet of canna plants green and red leaf were all named Lucifer.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I had the same problem with Lowes, 3 years in a row they have always been mislabeled so no more from Lowes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.