My Bottle Tree

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I live in Southeast Texas. Last Fall, Hurricane Rita tore through my town and destroyed thousands of trees. I found this crepe myrtle, destined for the landfill, and decided to make myself a bottle tree. I've been collecting bottles since then and this morning, I began putting it together. I used a leftover piece of column from one of my husband's jobsites to stabilize it. Poured dirt inside of the column, and then drove a flat 3 foot stake just inside of the column to keep it from wobbling. I used salvaged lava rocks that were around one of our own fallen trees to cover up the dirt. Then I placed some huge sandstone boulders around it for decoration. This ought to be a great place for my lizards to hang out.

I still have several branches that need bottles, so I'll be on the lookout for more of them. All of the materials used were free.

Janet
UniQue Treasures

Edited for spelling and to identify myself, since I'm new to this forum.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2006 2:04 PM

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!