"Crocs" not just trendy...help for sore feet and legs

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

I happened to be in a sporting goods store and tried on a pair of those ugly Crocs that the kids are wearing... well I went straight to the cashier as fast as my little sore feet could carry me there, bought my first pair and have been wearing them ever since.
Ugly suddenly becomes secondary to how utterly comfortable they are. They are made out of some squishy rubbery stuff and the cheap imatations you might see in discount stores are not at all like real "Crocs". Expect to pay $30. for the real McCoy and don't waste your money on the cheap imatations because you will not get the same results.
Crocs are available in sporting good stores, ebay , online etc.
They might be in fine department stores but I have'nt been in any lately to know if you can get them there.
They come in several styles and alot of colors including garden green, brown and more subdued colors than my bright blue "Beach" style clogs on the left. The strap in the back can be flipped all the way forward if you don't want to use it for easy slip on and off.
I recently bought the Croc flip-flops "Athens" (on the right) for summer.
They have a cloc style without the holes too.
They clean up in a jiffy with the hose.

Now about what they have done for me. I had a bone spur on my heel and could barely walk upon awakening but I would slip these on and I could walk without pain. After gardening when I get very sore after sitting awhile...same thing ...I would be stiff and in alot of pain upon rising but Crocs make a world of difference.
Trust me...buy some...you will be happy you did!

Heres a link to Crocs website for more info:
http://www.crocs.com/home.jsp

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose

Wooo-Hooo!!!
I was just looking at Crocs website and they have a kneeler and knee pads too!
Under the "gear" tab if this link deosn't get you there.
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-26-5-kneeler.aspx?reqid=26&reqProdTypeId=51p&subsectionname=gear§ion=products

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Great info, Thanks!

Hebron, KY

Thanks Rose for sharing the super info on Crocs! Hope I can get some of their products this year!

Marilyn

You
You're welcome Darius and Marilyn and I'm sure you'll love Crocs if you try them.

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

dear cr
i just saw this thread,,,i had what i thought were bone spurs.... when i finally couldnt walk any more i went to the podiatrist and he told me it was actually the arch muscle where it attatches to the heel( cant rmember the name of it of course!) and he made me a pair of arch supports and said to wear them all day for a few months and then at least an hour a day after that and at least till im healed to wear totally rigid shoes (dansko clogs are great, sort of a rigid croc) so as not to stretch it ... which i actually did religiously for a year! that was 5 years ago and im totally cured and yup i wear croc s too. but i try to wear those orthodics at least once a week . i even wear heels ....sometimes ... for a short period of time..haha... aha remembered!!! plantar fasciitis!!! he said a could just wear one of those dr scolls arch supports if i couldnt afford to have the custom ones made. hope this helps..... and againn love your mentorship!!!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I bought a pair of Crocs and love em! You can pick me out of a crowd with the day glow pink color but I love how my feet feel. And I agree I've tried on the cheap type at Wally World and they just aren't the same.

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

I just was at my doctor's office yesterday and she had on a pair of the day glow pink you are talking about. She said she's on her feet all day and they have really helped. Guess I'll have to go check them out. $30 doesn't sound bad when I've been paying $60 to 80 for Easy Spirit shoes to make my walking easier on my back.

They come in neutral colors too the the less adventurous. ;-)

Moorhead, MN

I thought I had bone spurs too- until I finally went to the doc. yep- plantar fascitis! He said Key giveaway is getting up from bed-chair intense pain in heels that GOES AWAY. Bone spur pain doesn't go away after you are on your feet awhile. I did the expensive orthotic arch inserts (thank heavens insurance paid as they were just over $700) Then when it came back a cortisone shot in the heel ahhhh painful- made it go away 5years ago. It took 5 minutes after the shot and I fekt like I had a new foot! I'm going out this weekend to buy crocks though- everyone I talk to says they are pure heaven!Good Luck

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I have a white and black pair of crocs with no holes in them at all. I walk 5 plus miles a day at work, and I L-O-V-E them! I tell everyone they are ugly as sin but I do not care. Not even the most expensive nurses shoes I have bought come close to comparing with the comfort of my crocs.
My heels have never been in better shape either. I just love them.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 4:59 PM

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

we just bought a pair of the boots for my DMIL and I can't wait to get another pair...I LOVE my pair...have several friends that are nurses that I need to tell them about Crocs

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I had one of those cortisone shots in my heel. Worst pain I ever felt! And it didn't really work. I had plantar fasciitis and bone spurs. Eight months worth of chiropracty fixed me up as good as new. That was years ago, and they're still fine.

I admit I ignored the Crocs. They're ugly, for one thing, and I figured they were just a fad for teenagers. If they really are good for the feet, though, I'll check them out.

No hot pink, though. Do they come in cammy?

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here is where I got mine.. has a whole bunch of different colors and types.
http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722171427/page/1.html
I will almost promise you will love them.

Hey Shelley thanks for that link. Good prices and free shipping!
WH...they come in khaki, black, brown etc.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I got mine at Dicks Sporting Goods and they were only $29.95...they have the thongs too..for the same price..They sure are comfy,I bought 4 pairs..

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Crocs came out with new styles in the last couple of days! Website is way loaded so might want to check at odd hours (like middle of the night)

Hollywood, FL

I just purchased crocs Rx designed for feet with 'problems'--one is called 'relief' and one is called 'cloud'. I did this ONLINE. You can see them on the website.

I tried on regular crocs at a local store so I would know what size to buy but when my shoes arrived yesterday the size 8 'relief' was too small and the size '8' cloud was too big. They really varied big-time in size.

Shoot, I was really looking forward to these shoes. Sending them back and will try a 9 in the 'relief' style but have a sinking feeling it may then be too big. I guess I would have to get a 6/7 as opposed to the 8/9 in the 'cloud' but surely that would not fit either. Hope the new 'relief' shoe I ordered will fit as it seemed super comfortably.

Confused yet??? If you are getting the crocs medical shoes be prepared to try them out and then exchange them if necessary.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2006 4:33 PM

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Good to know...I've ordered a pair of Georgie's and they are out of stock and still waiting....but our local Hallmark store said they are going to start carring more styles.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I have heard crocs should be worn 1/2 inch on the sides and back too big. I have no idea why. Mine are this way, and my feet dont slip at all. I hope everything works out for you.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

the website explains how they should fit...they don't want them touching....mine don't and I love how my feet feel after a long day shopping.

Hollywood, FL

Yup, crocs should be worn big (1/4" to 1/2 " all way round) according to their website. When I tried a regular crocs 8 at the store it was nice and loose but the size 8 medical one called Relief had my toes crammed in and feet touching all the sides.

And the Relief one sounds like such a great shoe.
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-46-4-relief.aspx?reqid=46&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear§ion=products

So the Relief model runs small?
So one should get the next size up huh?
Wish there was a Croc store where you could try on all the models.
I just have 2 pr. of Beach Crocs and the flip flops but I want to get more.
I need a more closed style for winter.
I basically live in mine.
Wish they weren't so dang ugly. ;-)

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

My Hallmark said they aer getting more of the styles in...so maybe your store will also

Hollywood, FL

There is an actually Croc store down here at a mall--I called them and the young man said they don't sell the 'medical' crocs as he thought you needed a doctor's prescription to get them. ???? They are avail. online though.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I'd like to get a pair..and a RX would be no problem...but I'm not real thrilled with the online service so far.

The Croc company only sells bulk amounts of their shoes to the retail stores and so therefore stores cannot special order you one pair and why they generally only sell the most popular styles like Beach and the flip flops.

araness...whats has your problem been with the online service?
Do they have a customer service phone number you can call?

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I ordered a pair and after almost 18 days (several calls) I was told that the style I ordered was on back order and to add it to my wish list and I would be notified when it was in stock again. The website when I ordered didn't say it was unable to be ordered or I wouldn't have even tried as this was a gift being bought to send to Chile as a bday gift.

Hollywood, FL

Araness, sorry to hear of your online problems. I ordered online and the shoes came in just a few days--as a matter of fact I was surprised they came so quickly.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2006 12:18 AM

When ordering on a website, they should definately tell you if an item isn't available.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

well I added it to my list and I'm waiting....I really want to get a pair of the boots for my DMIL she has a dairy farm in the south of Chile (same type of weather as Oregon) so she would love them

I went to a sporting goods store yesterday to buy some more beach crocs and weird thing is the same size that I got before is too small.
I asked about that and they said depending on where they are made...Colorado, Mexico or Canada the sizes can vary. I looked on the bottom of the ones I currently have and they were made in Colorado. So the ones from Mexico and Canada run slightly smaller. When ordering online you might want to contact customer service regarding this.
Although this may not be a concern for people with average width feet. My feet are wide plus I have a high instep.
I was really disappointed because I'm wearing my old crocs out and my croc flip flops have been bothering me between my toes on one foot so I can't wear them anymore. Its really weird , I wore them all spring and summer and suddenly I started getting pain and numbness between my toes where the strap goes through on one foot. :(

This message was edited Aug 12, 2006 11:15 AM

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I found that out also yesterday Rose when I went to my local Hallmark to buy my new Crocs..wanted blue but those didn't feel as comfy althought the size was the same....but when I tried on a pair of the beige they fit perfect...looked at the bottom and one said Boulder Colorade and the other Mexico...was nice to know because the size up is way to large.

Thabnks for the tip!
I tried on pink and navy and they were a bit too snug.
I will go back and try different colors.

Look what I found by chance in a Hallmark store I was in today...."Aspen" (made in Colorado) and they fit! And no holes...just in time for Fall/Winter season. I wish I had been thinking to buy a size larger so I could wear them with winter socks. Next on my list...Croc boots and garden knee pad.

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

those are next on my list..(the aspen) and still on my wishing list are the boots on the website

Anza, CA(Zone 8b)

Thanks so much for posting this! I wear a size 4 1/2 and they even come in my size!

Yup they come in kids sizes too.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I bought a "cheap imitation pair," and frankly...

I love them! I don't know how they compare to the real crocs, but I think they're great. They're comfortable, and if I get them dirty, I just wear them into the shower. (Which is kind of weird, being dressed in *only* a pair of shoes. :-)

I got mine at Lee Valley Tools online. They're called "Holey Shoes." I also tend to have trouble with my feet, but these are so comfortable I wear them everywhere, even to work.

I felt some of the imatations at Target (or somewhere) and they didn't seem as soft and cushy as the real Crocs but if your fakes work for you GOOD! ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.