Yellow Datura baby

Crivitz, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi, Just had to show you my baby Datura..I am so excited. This is the first time I have ever planted Datura, thanks to a very special person that sent me seeds from DG. I also have the white Datura I will be planting in a LARGE cauldren. All the seeds were planted inside, then repotted and are now ready to be transplanted outside. This yellow one was put outside on the 2nd of June. I know they will not last past the first frost this Fall but I am sure enjoying them while they are here.
Bev

Thumbnail by plantzoo
Phoenix, AZ

How exciting! I have a triple yellow that has a teeny tiny bud on it, it's 1st! So I understand your excitement!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

that is soooo pretty. i have one datura plant. all i know is that it is called a sacred datura. the funky name i do not know. but before daves, i had NO clue that there were MORE daturas and MORE colors!! can you buy the yellow seeds in a nursery somewhere, or do they grow wild, or where would one find those seeds? and the purple ones, too!!

Crivitz, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi PiggyPoo,
Glad you liked my baby. I have seeds left from my DG trades. If you would like some just give me your address and I will send them right out.
Would probably be better if you send me a D-Mail with your address.
These seeds are for the triple yellow Datura.
Bev

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Bev..you have dmail :)

Crivitz, WI(Zone 4b)

PiggyPoo, you have D-Mail.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi plantzoo! Got my seeds today. Thank you so much. Is it the right time to plant them, or should I wait until later? And...any special instructions? I'm new at this Datura stuff. The one I have, I got at a nursery.

Thanks again,
PiggyPoo :0)

Crivitz, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi PiggyPoo,Glad you got them. I planted mine in Feb. or March(?) In the house in seed starters, kept them damp and in a sunny window. Then when they had second set of leaves I transplanted them to 3 1/2" pots.

When I was sure there would be no more frost I put them in the ground. (just heard the news, it may freeze here tonight) If it freezes there goes a whole year of work. Every kind of flower you can think of and my tomatoes.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, where you live you should be able to plant all year.
Almost forgot, I planted them about 1/4" deep in a good potting soil.
Bev

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.