Doing a little begging.....

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

Would any of you happen to have any hydragea cutting that you would share for postage?

We're slowly and steadily working our way to getting our new property "gardened up". I've got the perfect spot that I'm dreaming of a line of hydrageas :)

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Trish

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Trish,

What kind of Hydrangeas are you looking for. I have paniculata Limelight, and quercifolia Snow Queen, both are rated to 9b, but don't know if that's something you're looking for. You probably want those beautiful ones that are too tender for us up north.

Polly

Hilliard, OH

I have a lacecap hydrangea "Blue Wave" that you can have roots and all. I'm too far north for it to bloom.

Jomejamo

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Trish, I'm going to experiment with propagating hydrangeas on my giant-sized Nikko Blue. I happen to have mason's sand (re-did a patio) and a HUGE box of peat moss (for the new landscaping everywhere), and I just bought root hormone, so I think i'm good to go. If Nikko Blue excites you, and you think it will go from zone 6a to your zone OK, give me a holler. I never did this before (but I am a trained biologist, so if my lab experiments work, this should too, I hope anyway).
Beverly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.