Another Canna Identification

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I wonder if this one is Picasso? I`m not sure Where this came from! I did not plant one like this as far as I know. It was supposed to be Angel Pink!!!! I sort of stared at this when I saw it.

I wasn`t supposed to get one like this! I`m pleasantly surprised because I wanted one just like it with the yellow and red spots. This is a very short canna with broad leaves and somewhat dark and light green striping very pretty leaves and is barely 2 feet tall and I took a picture of the first open flower.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2006 10:12 AM

Thumbnail by gardener2005
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i am not sure it is it does not seem to have enough dots but heres a site you can check it out at http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ regards paul

I already went shopping over there and ordered some cannas. I looked at every single picture...before my new bloom showed up.

I`ll go back and search some more for a look alike. There is no telling since this is a misslabeled plant from Wal Mart.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2006 12:51 PM

Lucama, NC(Zone 7b)

It looks like one I purchased called a Jamboree Spotted Yellow. At least that was the name on the tag. I am posting a picture but it isn't close up, I will take another tomorrow that will show the detail better!
Bev
LOL well up close they do look a bit different! Mine has more freckles than yours! Oh well, it was close!

This message was edited Jun 4, 2006 10:09 PM

Thumbnail by BevHart

I`m still looking around and see some that favor a lot but none really just like it. If I do find one that looks a lot like it then I will say this flower "looks like" that cultivar when describing it to people since I do not know for sure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.