Ok Scutler .. I need a word with you!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Did you pack up a lunch for that copperhead and give it a map to my house?

As I was watering today I saw a copperhead just inside my fence. I turned the hose onto jet and hit him right between the eyes. Needless to say, he turned around and went back the other way. That's the first one I've ever seen in my yard. It's usually water moccasins, black snakes and garter snakes.

LOL

X .. looking warily out for crazed titmouses and an overfriendly raccoon.

southwestern, IA(Zone 5a)

Xeramtheum I am lucky enough to not have to worry about having to look every where I step but we just returned from a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. We ran across tons of snakes on our trip both venomous and nonv and actually talked to a few of the parks workers along the way. They seem to think the snakes are rather abudent this year. Now I know we didn't head as far South as you are but it seems to make sense that if they are thick in VA, NC and TN you may very well be seeing even more this year! I actually saw my first ever cottonmouth and was excited about it! lol I was also happy I was able to get back in the car and not have to worry about them im my yard!
Happy to know that you sprayed your visitor between the eyes and hope he doesn't hold a grudge. Be careful down there!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

X! Love the title of your thread! LOL

Oh, no! Sorry to hear about your copperhead, but I do have a number for you to call ; )

571-5556.

(It's a 24-hour pest removal service. Well, actually, they have 24hr voice mail. They only pick up the critters M-F, 9-5. Snakes are: $250 for the 1st hour and $125 for each additional hour. That's the price to search for the snake.)

At $250 per hour... why don't you take a shovel to it and beat it to death so it can't kill you when you are gardening? Do you have any idea how many plants you could buy with $250? I think I am in the wrong business.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I just couldn't resist that one, X (lol)

So THAT's where my copperhead went. You know I haven't seen "Ralph" lately. You didn't hurt him did you? (Good idea to spray him with the hose.)

ROTFLOL at you looking over your shoulder for titmice and raccoons! You better hope that crazy titmouse doesn't find your house.

Seriously, though, if the snakes do get to be a problem, the folks at www.envenomated.com will come and get them for you. (I'd be more concerned about that cottonmouth you mentioned. Ouch! They can be a testy bunch!)

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Hi Equil,

Actually, I meant that "tongue in cheek". That's the number that X gave me when the copperhead showed up in my yard. I couldn't resist this opportunity to rib X about it. ; )

"Beat it to death with a shovel"? Are you kidding, my shovel handle isn't nearly long enough for that! I need to be a minimum of 10ft away! (BTW, can you please tell me how to do that cool copy and paste thing with quotes that apparently everyone but me can do?)

Actually, I would have paid him $250 to come and GET the snake. But to LOOK for it? I don't think so.

(Edited to add that my Zapper is on the way! Thanks)

This message was edited Jun 7, 2006 1:12 AM

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

X, are you growing any tomatoes over there?

Something is eating ALL of my GREEN tomatoes right off the bush. I'm going to point that critter in the direction of S'ville, too.; )

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

LOL .. no veggies here. I think Ralph realized that in order to cruise around in my yard he'd need scuba gear. In fact when I come out with my smith & wesson hose all the critters run. I actually knocked a squirrel off a table once at 20 paces with the jet spray (we have superb water pressure here) .. also a few flower pots .. but hey .. the squirrel definitely got the message.

X

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.