A few pics

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

My old Gardenia is scenting the entire yard.

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Love this daylily, wish I remembered which one it was!

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Milk & Wine Crinium doin fine

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

This Calla Lily is on it's 3rd year in the ground.

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Alstomeria looking good this year

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Ginger bed so far...

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Surprise Lily

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Pond all cleared up, silly fish are camera shy.

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Love this stuff!

Thumbnail by violabird
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh Viola your garden is lovely! Ill be glad when we get enough rain for my garden to finally explode into bloom!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, my. You've created some jewels. Are any of these deer resistant, do you guys not have deer in the area, or do you just suffer when they come to munch? Gorgeous, gorgeous! Sheila

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Bloodmeal for the plants and deer are your best friends! Last year they ate all my Oriental Lilies, hosta and dayliles on my hillside garden--because I forgot the bloodmeal 1 time--you must reapply after the rain! All came back except the Orientals :(

Plant the stuff they like close to your house, like roses and hosta. They don't like Brugs, Gardenias, Ginger, Jap Maple, or most of my shrubs at least! They do like Grancy Greybeard, as soon as it bloomed they ate ever bloom and leaf. Next spring I'll try hanging some Irish Spring soap on it!

Good luck! If you do a google search, many online nurseries have deer resistant plant lists, I have mine somewhere in my favorites!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Looking good, girlfriend!!

Sunlight Gardens has a great deer resistant section!
Brenda

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey Brenda! Great to see you!

I need someone good at progating Clematis, this Princess Diana is just too cute not to share! (that's my pinky next to it) She's been blooming about 2 weeks and goes and goes till fall!

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Another look at Princess Di (up her little skirt, lol)

Thumbnail by violabird
Lilburn, GA

What a gorgeous garden you have Vi!!!Beautiful plants!

I have propagated clematis in water, in the past. cut a flowerless branch (the cut should be between leaf nodes) and place in a glass of water. It should root.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Really Anna? Sounds too good to be true, but I'll sure give it a try! Thanks so much :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.