Hollow log

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

When we first moved here four years ago, I came across two hollow logs in different areas of our woods. Got DH and we dragged them into our back yard. One is the focal point of our fern garden. Sad to say, the fern garden is at its most beautiful right now, but I fear that our friend the hollow log is not going to make the summer. I know that death is natural, and that the ferns will feast on his remains, but still.... Anyway, I just wanted you all to see him, while he's still with us. I fear he is terminal. I've considered learning how to do faux bois so that I could attempt to capture his memory at least. Any of you done that?

Thumbnail by soupcon
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

we`ve never thought about faux bois,but we do have alot of stumps and trees that we use in our gardens

this is the mailbox in the front yard.

Thumbnail by georgiagarden3
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

and this is one we use as a container.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

this is our new one.its a work in progress

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

I salute you both for the recycling.........do a lot of it myself and what better than hollow logs/tree stumps. Soup, your fern garden there is lovely and Garden3, I bet your mailperson just loves it when you have mail.......what a pretty spot you've created.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

gg3, how creative and lovely--all of them. You've inspired me. When the top of the log collapses, as it's threatening to do, I'm gonna plant stuff in it. I'm with bugme, I'll bet it's nice to be your mailman. Oh, yeah, bugme, I never even thought of it as recycling, just so pretty that I thought it belonged in our woodland back yard instead of hidden in the woods. So many mistakes we've made, but this was a success story.

Lilburn, GA

That is sooo beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.