A wonderful company!

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

I just ordered several rhododendron liners from www.vannessnursery.com at very reasonable prices. The plants will bloom next spring. They have been in business since 1926. All plants are coded to cold hardiness; the highest number I can go to is -10 degrees (because we had -8 degrees in 1934.) The fall liners are $5.00. Also, they sell rooted cuttings at $1.25 in the spring with a large ball of roots. They should bloom in 2008. The marvelous thing is they have soooo many varieties. Unfortunately, they don't have photos, but I googled all of mine. Sometimes, in the google pictures a rhododendren will be shown as several colors, but the plants are listed by color in the on line catalog so you can see which you would be getting.
Another service they offer is they will root YOUR cuttings over the winter in their greenhouses for $1.00 each.
They have all sizes from Dwarf to Tall too.
They have the same thing deal for azaleas and can root your cuttings too.
If you call, ask to speak to Vickie who is very nice and knowledgeable.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!